HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the P30 and want to add night sights. Spoke with HK and they use Meprolight from the factory, I know there are a couple other brands out there as well but have had little to no experience with them so I wanted to see what the thought was from the brain trust here. Are night sights predominately better than standard sights and adding a tach light or laser? I would think they are mutually exclusive but again, no real frame of reference or experience.

Thanks for the help and information......:wink:

·
Registered
18,635 Posts
Night sights are much better than factory sights as they glow in the dark. I have Mep and Trijicon sights on my P30's, HK45's, and P2000's. The Meps are much brighter than Trijicons and their dots are a little larger. Trijicon dots are sharper, however. The base of the Mep front sights does not sit low in the dovetail, and as these P30, HK45, and P2000 slides are slim and contoured, you will see the top part of the base, not much, but it will be visible. The Trijicon front sights sit low in the dovetail so they look pretty much like the factory front sight.

Heinie sights are pretty good, too. Their front sights sit low like Trijicon and factory sights.

One small advantage of using Meps or Trijicons is that, if you have an HK sight pusher, you can install them yourself, or pay a local gunsmith to do it. Or use a brass/nylon punch and install yourself. For Heinie, the general census is that you send the slide to Heinie and have them install the sights. I don't have any experience with Heinie sights so I don't know.

Sights and laser/light are mutually exclusive.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sorry to bring up such an old thread, but I'm looking for a set of night sights for my usp compact. I have threaded barrel and a surefire Ryder 9mm can, so I'm looking for some sights that will still work when shooting suppressed.

·
Registered
18,635 Posts
Your options are Heinie Straight-8 Tactical sights (like these) and Meprolight Adjustable Night Sights (will needs some fittings but will work).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts