HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: OK...I know I need to swap out the sites from the originals but to which ones? Heinie, Trijicon or HK factory night sites? I would like to stick with the low-profile "novak style" site...any suggestions?

Thanks guys!

This is on the HK45C...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Trijicon all the way. Have them on all my hks including my hk45. The sights are bright and have a nice white outline for daytime shooting fun! They are a bit pricey. I got mine for 150 after shipping but well worth it.

·
Registered
783 Posts
I always liked Novak night sights the best.... relatively snag-free if you are holstering the weapon.

BUT i just realized that you have an HK45c... as far as i can tell they don't make them for your gun... oops.

here are options on HKparts.net ... Just go with the trijicons I think.. They are military grade in my opinion.

HK 45 Compact

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I always liked Novak night sights the best.... relatively snag-free if you are holstering the weapon.

BUT i just realized that you have an HK45c... as far as i can tell they don't make them for your gun... oops.

here are options on HKparts.net ... Just go with the trijicons I think.. They are military grade in my opinion.

Thanks...The Trijicons are what I'm leaning toward. But the Heinies seem pretty nice!

HK 45 Compact
Yeah...The Trijicons are what I'm leaning toward...sort of look like the old Novaks. But the Heinies seem pretty nice!

Thanks!

·
Registered
783 Posts
Heinies are fine sights. I shot a USP with Heinie Straight Eights. they were functional and quick. not my favorite, but certainly better than the stock sights that came with it.

I've always preferred trijicons. They are closer to the Novaks, particularly the ones for you 45c.

read this though.... I think this was a one in a million mishap.. but .. yeah.. just make sure you get them installed locally!

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-customer-service/149352-missing-hk45-slide.html

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
Yeah...The Trijicons are what I'm leaning toward...sort of look like the old Novaks. But the Heinies seem pretty nice!
Thanks!
If you plan to install the Trijicon yourself, the rear sight is a little hard to get it fitted inside the dovetail. There will be some marring on the front part of the base of the sight (not slide) because of the design of the base, but a cold blue pen will fix it. The front sight fits the slide better than the Mep because the base is thinner.

Close-up of the front sight.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have Heinie straight 8's on my HK45 and like them very much. The P30 will soon have them as well. Personal preference really.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I ordered meprolights in order to keep the factory look. Trijicons are very nice as well, but are a little more expensive for the functional equivalent. I think that Heinies are better sights for the money, and I'd put them on if I were buying them now.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Meprolights are real nice. . . plus they are OEM for HK pistols. They go on with no fuss & no fitting, they are bright, they are rugged, they are easy to see in daylight, and they are very reasonably priced as well.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Heinie=Sexy and functional.
Meps/Trijicons=Functional.

I prefer the second option, these sights have served me well in the past. However sights are like shoes, they have to fit you and your eyes as much as the gun needs to fit your hand.

I will add that I just had some Dawson sights installed (not night sights, but they also make night sights), and I love them. Simple and fast on the target.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Apollo. I think Trijicons are sexier than Heine.. the heinie's are strange looking to me. Maybe I just have a more utilitarian aesthetic.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Ameriglo makes another option for nice sights as well. Theirs have trijicon tubes. personally I like the Meps on USPs . trijicon or heine on p-series & usp compacts

1 - 20 of 46 Posts