HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok,I love my USP ct .45. Its got the standard 3 dots from the factory. Which nite sites do you guys recommend for this weapon?(no suppressor, I live NY)

Must be durable for job carry. Thanks Eddie

·
Registered
257 Posts
This is kind of a personal preference.
Both Trijicon and Meprolite offer 10 year illumination warranties.
I believe the Novak style can also be purchased with a night glow option.

I have always had good luck with the Trijicons.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I prefer mepros, but I agree with Murphysteuer, it is really more of a personal choice.
If yu do a search on these forums you should find a few more threads on this topic that may help.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have always had a preferance for the Trijicons. A couple of years ago someone was advertising a longer warranty on their night sights, but tritum has a half-life of about 12.3 years. So after about 10 or so years your sights will have degraded by half their strength and you may have to start looking at replacement anyway, so a 10 year warranty is fine.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Going to add Ameriglo Operator Night Sights to the list. I like the front sight (nice big white outline) and I really like the green front, yellow rear sight picture.

·
Registered
173 Posts
i like meps a lot i have also herd thay are more durable then trijicon. but i do
have to say i have no firsthand experiance with trijicons

·
Registered
172 Posts
I am a Big fan of Meps, since they seem a bit more visable daytime due to the white ring....

BUT, i looked at a set of Novaks on a USPc today, and I really like the slope and how they come up to aim, might try a set of them sometime.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I've got Meprolights & Trijicon's on various weapons. Mep's are great in day time & low light but I like Trijicon's myself because they seem to be a little brighter at night & no light conditions.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
TFO

I just bought the TruGlo TFO sights for my USP 9

They are crazy bright when exposed to external light with the fibre optics and glow nice a bright at night with the tritium

I really think these are brighter than the Trijicon sights I have.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I have had both and prefer the mepros. I would stay away from fiber optics sights for duty. Fiber optics could break and in a confrontation that's one of the things you don't want.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
I agree with diesel1959, night sights are a MUST have for any pistol you will carry. Theres no way to sight the pistol in the dark without them.

Trijicon warranties the green sights for 12 years against dimming, it's the orange that are only warrantied for 10 years.

I have Trijicons on my Glocks, Tru-Dot factory sights on my USPc, and Novak (not night sights though) on my USP Combat Comp. The Trijicons are very nice and bright but the smaller dots work better on the lower profile Glock sights then on the higher HK sights. The Tru-Dots on my USP are a little bigger and just as bright, I really like those sights and can see why HK chooses to use them as their factory night sights. I also like how fast the Novak sights can be acquired, the front sight post is easy to pick up very fast.

Just interested as to why you didn't purchase the USP CT with factory Novak night sights already on it? I've seen a brand new USP CT set up like that before so it is a factory option. Also interested as to why you bothered buying a CT at all due to not being able to own a suppressor? :confused:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Installed Truglo TFOs yesterday. The front sight is much longer than the Trijicon I replaced and may be a concern for duty carry. Having said that, I like the TFOs much better. Same night time visibility as the older Trijicon, but a much better day time sight. When the sun is below the horizon but there's still light in the sky, these things positively glow. I'm very impressed.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have Mepros on all 3 of my duty pistols and they have held up great. Better daytime sight than the Trijicons IMO to.

·
Registered
85 Posts
To date, it is my understanding that no one is offering after market night sights for the P30 or HK45. I have contacted meprolight, with no response (I cannot seem to find a US phone number to contact them) and I e-mail trijicon a couple of days ago.

I really hope they come out with them soon. I got my light LEM installed on my HK45, now the only real thing left to fix in my opinion is the sights. After that, I will be happy!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts