HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which one should I use for PSG1 conversion, SR9 or Greece EBR SAR8? Both are shooter and I have more then one of both so "sacrifice" one would not be a problem for me. Thanks

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Which one should I use for PSG1 conversion, SR9 or Greece EBR SAR8? Both are shooter and I have more then one of both so "sacrifice" one would not be a problem for me. Thanks
SR9's are not pre-ban as far as I know so you will have 922r to deal with. Not sure on your SAR8.

·
Registered
893 Posts
IMHO: Depends on what parts you are going to put in it, and what you hope to accomplish by using an original receiver gun. If you are going to be putting in a US made barrel, trunnion, FA, etc, there is no reason to do it on either gun, as you've destroyed any originality at that point and defeated the reason why you would use an original receiver. Do it on a PTR, or find one of the FMP/Interport/SLG95 guns or virgin receivers, and do it on one of those. Cheaper starting point, you don't cut up an original gun. If you find one of the Interport receivers, you could probably even mark it "PSG-1" (as it isn't HK), and it doesn't already have a model number on it.
Now, if somehow you have original German PSG parts, do it on the SR9, to maintain all German, just remember you can't legally mark it "PSG-1".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts