HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have three P7 M8 pistols. The most recently acquired one does not have "M8" on the gun or on the grips but the other two do. I am feeling the itch to shoot one of these pistols and am trying to decide which one to shoot. All three are LNIB so the decision would more than likely be based on value and rarity. I will post pictures of all three pistols and you help me decide which one will be the sacrificial lamb. This is the first one is serial # 8429 proof marked Trussville, AL Gun Firearm Trigger Airsoft Airsoft gun Firearm Gun Trigger Starting pistol Gun accessory

·
Maximum effort
845 Posts
Spoiler alert. Everyone will tell you to shoot the one pictured because it isn't a P7M8, but rather a fairly common police trade in P7.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
#2 The one on the left is serial #84573 made in Chantilly, VA
#3 The one on the right is serial #96335 made ???
Any information or opinions welcome. If they are all too nice to shoot and you feel that I should look for more of a clunker please say so.
Thanks Firearm Gun Trigger Airsoft Airsoft gun Firearm Gun Trigger Airsoft Airsoft gun

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
Looks like you have two P7M8's and a P7 PSP all are great shooters, shoot them all..I have a P7 and P7M13. Never had the M8 the only difference is the magazine release , P7 is located on the bottom of the grip at the rear.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Correct you are Sir. My mistake in calling all three M8's when I should have said three P7's. I also have the P7M13. So has this police trade in of mine been shot a bunch and refinished because it looks really good. Just to be honest the P7 PSP is on it's way to me and I don't actually have it in front of me yet. A couple more photos of it. Flashlight Tool Torch

·
Registered
71 Posts
Unless you can confirm one or two of the three you have are NIB, there is no harm in shooting all three of them. As long as you take care of them and if you aren't going to carry them they will stay in LNIB condition. I have a M8 I shoot all of the time and it looks like brand new other than the gas piston.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Try them all and continue to shoot the one you like best. They are tools and are made to be used.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
They're all gonna get so hot while shooting at range - might as well take all three and rotate.
An EXCELLENT suggestion!!!

·
Registered
403 Posts
They're all gonna get so hot while shooting at range - might as well take all three and rotate.
Just don't agree with this...shot uspsa match with my m8 today and while I didn't do well it didn't heat up like everyone complains about. It's my 3rd match with it and it's the only one that others ask to shoot.

The heat thing is overblown in IMHO. The great trigger, accuracy and reliability are understated.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Just don't agree with this...shot uspsa match with my m8 today and while I didn't do well it didn't heat up like everyone complains about. It's my 3rd match with it and it's the only one that others ask to shoot.

The heat thing is overblown in IMHO. The great trigger, accuracy and reliability are understated.
Totally agree with tbis.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I am trying to collect all of the HK pistols. From a collectors stand point shooting the P7 makes the least sense as I have only one. What I typically do is buy at least two of everything and shoot only one. This way I have a whole collection of shooters and a good retirement fund to boot. Shooting them all is unnecessary and foolish in my mind as it would devalue them. Some people just don't understand this and that is fine. Others just have problems with reading and responding while staying within the parameters of the thread. For now I am going to enjoy shooting some of the other pistols that I have not shot and leave the P7's in the safe. Maybe by this time next year I will have bought more of them and will have one that I won't mind shooting. If guns were meant to be shot and money was meant to be spent, then I would be a broke guy with a bunch of worn out guns.

·
Maximum effort
845 Posts
Shooting your P7 makes the most sense, as it is a former police gun that has already been carried and shot. Shooting it isn't going to affect its value.

·
Maximum effort
845 Posts
The slide on your P7 looks to have been refinished at some point.

Gun Firearm Trigger Starting pistol Gun accessory

1 - 20 of 28 Posts