HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm ready to buy a P7 - you guys have convinced me. However, I don't want to spend a lot of cash on this - I've spent way too much on guns recently. I'd like to spend under $800 if possible. In fact, the cheaper the better. Which model should I be looking at? I'm just starting to familiarize myself with these things. Also, any place in particular I should look for one? Thanks

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
If your budget is under $800 then your only option is one of the recent police trade in P7's. Both A and B grades can be bought for under $700.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now these are the ones with the mag release on the bottom right? Anything else about them make them less desirable- other than the fact that they're used of course?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Go to scpfirearms.com

Click on Contact. And call, email what ever you feel comfortable.

You will be dealing with Steve Pitchford. The best in the biz. I got my PSP Grade B for 670. Completely thrilled. This was my second used gun purchased from SCP. Buy with complete confidence from Steve.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,921 Posts
Now these are the ones with the mag release on the bottom right? Anything else about them make them less desirable- other than the fact that they're used of course?
Yes the mag release is on the bottom but it is the one in your price requirement. I have one and after changing out the grips I like it much better than I did a P7M8 that I had. Which I promptly sold I disliked so much.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I believe the PSP also does not have the heat-shield on the trigger guard that the P7M8 does. This and the mag release are the only major differences that I'm aware of, although I'm no expert. Have my first P7M8 on its way to me as we speak :)

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
P7 PSP has a heel mag release and no heat sheild. P7M8 has a mag. release located on the frame next to the trigger and has a heat sheild. However, the price point of $800 will only allow you to get a PSP in very good condition but not a P7M8.

Personally, I favor the M8, and would save my money until I could afford that one. I'm still looking for mine, searching for a good price for NIB. :)

·
Premium Member
1,047 Posts
I like the PSP type as I trained on that one in the early 80s. You can buy one from CDNN for 599.00 and the backup one I recently got from them was in like new condition for that price.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Trigger guard size

The trigger guard on the PSP is smaller than the M8 or M13. Make sure the holster you buy fits the gun. I bought a neat little Bianchi from fleabay, and found out it didn't work with my M13 and M8. May be somehting to consider if you have fat fingers or want to use gloves. I am not sure how much smaller, but there is a difference.

A lot of guys buy a grade c PSP and have it refinished by Robar or the like.

·
Registered
18 Posts
You might also wish to click over to www.cdnninvestments.com and call their 800 number. Ask about pricing on A-Grade and B-Grade P7 PSP's. They usually have a list on file of FFL's near you they can ship to. If you buy from them, be sure to ask about extra magazine deals. If you buy the gun, they will usually sell you extra mags (2) cheaper than anyone else.

I bought my A-Grade from them and I simpy love it. I had wanted a P7 for decades but I couldn't afford one until these German Police trade-ins became available. They were rumored for so long, I'm just glad they finally made it here.

Here's some pics to whet your appetite:

Rafter S Gunleather sharkskin holster:

·
2,832 Posts
looks like the next ship load of surplus P7's hit the shore......seen the ad's today for grade B's from $569(+shiping) to $590 free shiping..lowest prices yet

·
2,832 Posts
all posted yesterday.....about the same time.

gordon miller
http://www.sturmgewehr.com/webBBS/semi4sale.cgi?read=188456

dont know this guy
http://www.sturmgewehr.com/webBBS/semi4sale.cgi?read=188457

this guy is over at the Cult
http://www.parkcitiestactical.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=012991

suspect to see more this week

willing to take a chance?.....$500
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=89908924

where did you see those ads, Landpimp?

·
Registered
100 Posts
thanks Landpimp.

Mark @ 44Mag.com is a good guy, they are based here in Oregon and have good deals on magazines, particularly AR mags.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts