HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is possible a subjective question, maybe not, but which receiver manufacturer "SW or Hesse" is typically more desirable. Any specifics as to why? The question is related to C93's, but any info you can provide is informative fwiw.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Hesse Arms makes great door stops:)

·
Registered
10,251 Posts
Between SW/CA or Hesse? Surely, you jest... and in case you're serious, lay them both side by side with no info showing. You'll pick out the better one no sweat.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I have A C93 on A Heses receiver. It has had a trip to ghille C93 rework shop. If you want to see what was done see the C93 Facelift thread. How to tell the two apart the SW has a open indent behind the magazine when inserted. The Hesse is welded/molded shut. Now with that said mine locks up tight.

·
Banned
631 Posts
An easier way to tell is that the SW has the correct(er) stiffening ribs around the mag well area, the Hesse has the G3 style mag well rib.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Shattered, it really was a real question-really! I know Hesse gets beat up pretty bad, but then again SW has been through some name changes over time. I ran across a recent thread concerning a early C93 using the SW receiver (as is mine) and it made me question why Century decided to change over to Hesse and what the differences were. I can say my SW receiver had well formed bends and parts fit well. I'm not really a HK guy by looking at my inventory, so I don't know the finer aspects but I am a gun guy and do like the feel of the roller lock action. A question here and there is just what I do to fill in the voids ( ;

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
SW.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Considering that I'm trying to unf%&k a Century 99 with the aluminum receiver, and what I've seen of Hesse receivers, I'd go with the SW if I had to. Do yourself a favor; buy a PTR receiver and do it the right way. Otherwise you're trying to basically improve a Yugo or a Pinto. You'll end up with nothing but headaches afterwards.

·
Registered
10,251 Posts
Do yourself a favor; buy a PTR receiver and do it the right way. Otherwise you're trying to basically improve a Yugo or a Pinto.
We commonly refer to situations like this as "Trying to polish a turd".

For a happy build, use a PTR receiver for 308s, and SW receivers for 223, .40 (10mm .357 Sig) or 9mm. If you want to build from a flat you have another option. LSC make a damn fine flat, but only in 9mm... I think.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts