HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HK P2000 - $639 (I believe it is the SK compact model, not sure though)

SIG 229 - $770 (With nice black wood grips)

Both brand new. Both in 357sig. The local HK dealer is clearing out their inventory.

I want to get one tonight... any opinions in support help.

·
Registered
10 Posts
what a choice!!!

I'd go with the P2kSK, I want one so bad, plus you can always get the sig later. the P229 SAS looks so sweet

·
Registered
67 Posts
Let's see...you're asking this on a HK enthusiists forum...Kinda like asking between a Ford and Chevy on a General Motors forum.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Let's see...you're asking this on a HK enthusiists forum...Kinda like asking between a Ford and Chevy on a General Motors forum.
I also posted this on sigforums.com...they must all be sleeping

I figure that people could give me a straight honest opinion...

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I am a Sig fan and have owned a few myself. Between the P2K or the P229 I would go with the HK. My reason for this is that I find the P2K more comfortable to hold and I shoot the P2K much better then the P229. I also prefer the decocker on the P2K over the Sig.

Plus I do not think that the Sig is worth $130 over the HK (which is priced great at $639!). If you do happen to go with the Sig make sure you take the gun apart and look it over carefully. Sig's have had some serious quality control issues lately.

Both are great guns. Pick the one that fits you best.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,921 Posts
Never had any use for Sig myself. I hate the way they feel in my hands. Hk all the way IMHO.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I went with the P2000SK. So... $820 later I have the pistol, 3 magazines, another USPc 40 12rd mag (with the weird rubber floorplate), and 50rds of federal hollow points in 357sig.

whats cool about the whole experience is that I got a hard case when i bought my Custom Combat 45 there. I told the shop guy about it and asked if I was supposed to get a soft case with it, since I had seen that in the older catalogs. He didn't know, so he looked in the back for a soft case laying around. A few minutes later he came out with a black tactical soft case. he didn't have any USP tacticals there, so he gave it to me for free, extra 45 mag, cleaning pack, lock and all. Awesome shop. They only have a few HKs left since they are clearing them out. If I had the money I would snatch up the rest.

I will post pics of my new P2000SK and my new (used) USPc 40 Stainless later. I will do some new group shots with all my guns too.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Good choice on getting the P2Ksk. Give us a range report after you take it to the range.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Im a little late, but if your going to carry it then I would have gotten the P2000 as well. Alot lighter than the SIG. I like SIGs too, but a little heavy for carry. Sounds like you got a good deal on a great gun. Congrats on your new HK!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts