HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
6,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Edit: (Warning: Old thread, bumped for updated questions)

I'm getting ready to SBR that bad boy. Since I'm gonna go the trust route this time I guess I might as well go ahead and add a silencer to the plan. But which one to get???

It's got the three lug barrel but no threading.

·
1,198 Posts
For that host I would recommend the Gemtech MK9K.

It is a high volume suppressor which is perfect for that host.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
And to make the decision even harder the AAC EVO-9

I have one for my Vector MP5k clone and it is very quiet.

I heard the Gemtech is good too.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I have a Trident coming......

·
1,198 Posts
I will second the Trident if you might want to use the can on a pistol also.

But if you are looking for a can only to be used on sub guns with a high sight plane relative to pistols (like your CA89K), the MK9K is the best. It is a little more quiet than the Trident, which is a little more quiet than the Evo 9.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I narrowed my choices to the Trident and the MK9K and I chose the Trident due to it's versatility i.e. using it for a pistol also. I have heard good about both cans and think you cannot go wrong with either. It boils down to personal prefrerence in regaurds to size, tone, FA or semi rated, warranty, customer service etc. Good luck

·
Registered
6,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I narrowed my choices to the Trident and the MK9K and I chose the Trident due to it's versatility i.e. using it for a pistol also. I have heard good about both cans and think you cannot go wrong with either. It boils down to personal prefrerence in regaurds to size, tone, FA or semi rated, warranty, customer service etc. Good luck
The Trident looks like you can change out the mating part to allow attaching it to threads. I guess that's what you're talking about. Does it only support one specific thread pitch or could I get one that would allow attaching it to my M11/9 too?

·
1,198 Posts
Is your M11 full auto?

If so, I would recommend against using a low volume high efficiency can (like the trident) with an open bolt SMG. Open bolt smg's are straight blowback. The additional back pressure of a low volume high efficiency can will cause a lot more debris to be blown back into your face than if you were to use a high vloume low efficiency can like the MK9K. Also, with more back pressure using a can like the Trident, you get more noise coming from the gas escaping through the breech as it opens than you get with a high eficiency can

In other words... The difference in suppression between the MK9K and a Trident on the MP5 would be very small. But the difference on the M11 would be much more noticable... The MK9K is way better on an open bolt smg than the rident would be.

The only way I'd opt for the trident over the MK9K is if you wanted to use the can on a pistol.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Retrodog, Yes you can change out the back section (mount) with three options....either 3 lug, LCD device (booster) and threaded. The 3 lug and the boooster run about $125 a peice and the threaded mount about $60. My barrel on my SBR'd Sp89 is threaded at 1/2x28 and also has a 3 lug. I purchased the 3 lug module as well as the booster in 1/2x28. I would assume that they make different pitches, but cannot confirm that.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Trident. Trident. Trident. You can see I'm partial to this can. I have my eye though on a MK9K as soon as I find enough change under the couch cushions.

·
Registered
6,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, the M11 is semi auto. I plan to make the CA89k FA though, eventually.

Very interesting possibilities on the suppressors.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'd go with the swr trident (i did infact). i like it better than my gemtech trinity. I would say it doesn't really matter what you get first because as you get more hosts, you will buy more cans---it is a sickness.

·
Registered
234 Posts
AWC MK9

Does anyone have any experience with the AWC MK9 suppressor? The one I am looking at is 1/2X28 threaded.

Thanks,

Rick

·
1,198 Posts
The AWC MK9 is a great suppressor.

The Gemtech MK9K is very similar but shorter.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The AWC MK9 is a great suppressor.

The Gemtech MK9K is very similar but shorter.
Glad I found this thread. It prevents me from asking this question in a new one.

I am getting ready to send in my paperwork for a Qualified sear pack and to also SBR my HK94 to MP5 conversion. I am thinking I may as well go ahead and knock out the suppressor paperwork while I am at it. My SOT has good relations with both Gemtech and AWC, and suggested that I choose one of their cans.

I want a large diameter/high volume suppressor, but need to know how much benefit the added length of the MP9 provides over the MP9K. Does the additional length of the AWC MP9 significantly increase suppression performance over the shorter Gemtech MP9K?

Thanks much!

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
I think I am the only one left anymore who is a fan of these, but the tried and true Gemtech Raptor or their new Raptor II is another one to consider. I run mine on 3 guns (BW5, P9S and full-auto UZI) with no problems and good performance.

Thanks,
James

1 - 20 of 32 Posts