HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm looking to build an HK94 clone pistol. I can purchase a Coharie barreled receiver or a Special Weapons (not Vector as I originally thought) barreled receiver at about the same price. Both look great, with proper sheet metal receivers. My question is: is either of these known to be of higher quality? And, are they the same value, or is one worth more than the other? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
78 Posts
thats a good question a few years ago I would of said vector myself but the new builds from vector have had issues and there prices seem to keep going up, now the new coharie look and seem to function better than the guns from even a year or two ago maybe they really did work out the bugs at the end of the day its still personal choice and since i'm a loyal supporter of djf I would check with him before you make any purchase his new line of 9mm are top notch and really can't be beat for price and quality and yes i'm waiting in line for my new djf clone just like everybody else here not long now i can't wait.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, but I can do the build for about half of his price, and without the twelve week wait.

·
Registered
269 Posts
They will probably both be equally serviceable since they are actually both made by the same guy. I had a Cohaire CA89K a couple years ago and it ran ok in semi, but it didn't want to run in auto. I probably could have gotten to function better by replacing the bolt and carrier with RCM parts, but I sold it to fund a MP5 built out of German parts and I'm much happier with it. The only other problem I had with the Cohaire was getting a 3-lug supressor to fit since the lugs on the barrel was out of spec. I finally got it but I shouldn't have to file in order to use my can.

·
Registered
10,256 Posts
It's kinda a toss up... but lately, the Coharie built guns seem to have less issues.

·
Registered
111 Posts
FWIW:

Don't know a thing about Vector.
Purchased a CA94FS off of DJF. Did the SBR thing then had to wait for SWR to make a three lug for my Trident.
Had some anxiety about weather or not the lugs were in spec on the CA94 but the three lug mount fit like a dream.
I ended up replacing internals with RCM and it has bee 100% from then on.
I used it in a three gun match last week end, what a HOOT.
After the match I allowed others to take it a run suppressed and the more people that shot it the longer the line became.
I over heard several folks say "I gotta get me one of them". Good thing I only had a couple hundred subsonics with me.

Good Luck

·
Registered
346 Posts
The quality supposedly got better with the newer ones so assuming the special weapons was the older version, the Coharie should be a little nicer.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm looking to build an HK94 clone pistol. I can purchase a Coharie barreled receiver or a Special Weapons (not Vector as I originally thought) barreled receiver at about the same price. Both look great, with proper sheet metal receivers. My question is: is either of these known to be of higher quality? And, are they the same value, or is one worth more than the other? Thanks for your help.
I can't speak to the cash value, but I recently acquired a used CA94 (all original parts) that runs 100%. I've used it with POF, MKE and HK mags, all the same results. I did have one extraction failure about midway through a mag of really old Singapore-made ammo, the round had almost no report at all, no issues since.

The quality of assembly is pretty damn good,too. I did install a steel HK94 grip frame, PTR stock and steel cocking tube support, but these were just personal preferences. CA94_Lf_Side.JPG CA94_Rt_Side.JPG

1 - 11 of 11 Posts