HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought this beauty last week but am waiting on N.C. pistol purchase permit to go through before I pick it up. I was wondering what type of USP 9mm this is because the barrel is threaded but it doesn't say Tactical on the slide and the rear sight is adjustable but it doesn't say Expert on the slide neither. I am totally confused. From the looks of the serial number I know its a 2013 year pistol but besides that I can't tell which variant it is. Thanks in advance for any input !!

IMG_4876.jpg IMG_4877.jpg

IMG_4876.jpg IMG_4877.jpg

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
It is a USP SD. They didn't offer the tactical in 9mm until recently. The only difference between the SD an the tactical is that the SD does not have a match trigger.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18,635 Posts
@robertp You need to freshen up on the variants, buddy. You are all over the place on the variants. Why can't it simply be a V1?
@MasterBlaster: There are more differences than just the Match Trigger, e.g.: O-ring and the TACTICAL rollmark on the real USPt 9.
@Krishnp6449: No offense, but you did not know what you bought? It is a USP9SD V1 (DA/SA). See the below for reference.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks everyone for your input!! i knew it wasn't the stock usp 9mm i couldn't tell if it was the tactical or the sd. the big throw off was the absence of the match grade trigger and the absence of tactical on the side of it. either way i feel like i paid an avg price on it, about a grand for it. yesterday i ordered some night sights and a match grade trigger to get those swapped out on it!! cant wait to pick it up after its got its work done on it. twosixxy i honestly didn't know an sd model existed because about a month ago I was reading up on the weapon on hk's website there was no "SD" model on it. once again i appreciate the help gents!!

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
A bobbed hammer on a USP full-size? Bobbed hammer is the standard hammer on a USP Compact, but never a full-size, unless it is a used USPf and the previous owner swapped it out.
I don't know if they still ship that way, but my USP Expert came with a Match bobbed hammer and instructions for installation. IIRC it was to make it fit into competition dimensions. Without the bobbed hammer, the USP Expert would not fit in the box. I still have that hammer. I thought about using it on my USP Compact, but decided I wanted a spurred hammer.

·
Registered
18,635 Posts
I don't know if they still ship that way, but my USP Expert came with a Match bobbed hammer and instructions for installation. IIRC it was to make it fit into competition dimensions. Without the bobbed hammer, the USP Expert would not fit in the box. I still have that hammer. I thought about using it on my USP Compact, but decided I wanted a spurred hammer.
HK no longer includes a bobbed Expert hammer with the Experts. My old Experts did, but not the ones since 2012.
One can put a standard, bobbed hammer from the Compact onto a full-size, but it is not an Expert bobbed hammer.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
I was just getting around to that.

but rather the German word for suppressor, Schalldampfer

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
HK no longer includes a bobbed Expert hammer with the Experts. My old Experts did, but not the ones since 2012.
One can put a standard, bobbed hammer from the Compact onto a full-size, but it is not an Expert bobbed hammer.
Understood. I left the Match hammers for my Expert as I received them. The spurred hammer I swapped into my Compact came from the classifieds here. That there is no bobbed Match hammer supplied with the Experts anymore makes me wonder if a bobbed Match hammer is unusual today.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts