HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like the topic says which viridian light/laser for the hk45c, and pics please of your setups.
Also where to find the best price on them.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Search? :O

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Google! :)

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Optics planet, if you check a few threads back I had mine posted w my c5l, it's awesome

·
Premium Member
3,928 Posts
Botach (I am very familiar with Botach's issues, it's just the best price I found) has the X5L for $299 right now..... to me, if you're going to put a light/laser on a handgun, get the brightest light (white light) you can/possible.... just my opinion...

good luck..

·
Registered
102 Posts
Botach (I am very familiar with Botach's issues, it's just the best price I found) has the X5L for $299 right now..... to me, if you're going to put a light/laser on a handgun, get the brightest light (white light) you can/possible.... just my opinion...

good luck..
Thanks!! I was looking for one as well. I have never had an issue with Botach, but my brother has. It seems that the small (under $50.00) sale items are what have given him the problems. I have ordered $1500.00 of optics and mounts with no issues over 4 years. I'm not promoting them just my family experiences.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I know a lot of people have mentioned that the X5L only fits the HK45C with one screw, but how badly does that effect the mount up? Is the X5L still plenty secure or does the one screw just get by? Anybody using it with/without problems?

Thank you.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was able to get a hold of Optics Planet and they have a hell of a price on the C5L, not sure if everyone qualifies, but it is a good price. That being said I was able to get ahold of a surefire rep yesterday and told me that they are releasing an X300 compact that wasnt at the SHOT show but it is specifically made for the HK45C and other compact handguns that have little to no rail. My specific question to them was if it would be comparable in size to the viridian/streamlight compact lights and they said yes. So, I may be waiting to make my purchase until they release that.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
My specific question to them was if it would be comparable in size to the viridian/streamlight compact lights and they said yes.
Like hell it will........

·
Registered
815 Posts
FWIW...just checked out Viridian's website...and according to their online FIT CHART, the 1st & 2nd Gen X5L does not fit the HK45 Compact.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
FWIW...just checked out Viridian's website...and according to their online FIT CHART, the 1st & 2nd Gen X5L does not fit the HK45 Compact.
No the first time when manufacturer website does not go in line with real world. Gen1 X5L for sure did not, but apparently Gen2 X5L does.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yeah, it's a shame they didn't try with the X300 Compact. It's just a E1B flashlight head tacked onto a body that accepts rails. This is the first time I've seen Surefire be lazy.

Re: fitting the X5L onto a HK45C, perhaps it's not listed as supported because:

X5L fits but only with one of the two mounting screws. I have mine on my P30

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Re: fitting the X5L onto a HK45C, perhaps it's not listed as supported because:
I do not think so. X5L is compatible with G17, and how exactly anyone wants to use two mounting screws on G17? Last time I saw my Gen4 G17 (it was long ago as it is safe queen) it had only one cross-cut on rail.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts