HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just heard today that our boss is going to allow personal weapons to be used at work while on Bomb Squad assignments. I'm full time bomb squad so this would be my everyday duty weapon... Instead of the absolutely HORRIBLE 5906's we currently are issued( I know a lot of people like them... I absolutely HATE them!!)

I have a 45c and am saving for a P2k and a P2ksk(9mm). I could ultimately carry any of the 3 as long as I'm dept qualified.

But... If you could carry only one of the mentioned HK's as a duty weapon... Which would you choose and why?

·
Banned
188 Posts
P2000 9mm. Highest capacity, takes USP Compact Magazines, comfortable, etc. The SK seems like it would be a bit small for a primary duty weapon.

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
Currently carry HK45 as my primary, and HK45c as back up, plain clothes work, and off duty.. I recommend HK45 or the compact.

Good luck

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
P2000 9mm. Highest capacity, takes USP Compact Magazines, comfortable, etc. The SK seems like it would be a bit small for a primary duty weapon.
I am mostly considering the 45c and P2k. The Sk would only be carried when in training.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
I'd go:
1st - P2k.
2nd - HK45c
3rd - NOT THE SK

·
Registered
818 Posts
I just heard today that our boss is going to allow personal weapons to be used at work while on Bomb Squad assignments. I'm full time bomb squad so this would be my everyday duty weapon... Instead of the absolutely HORRIBLE 5906's we currently are issued( I know a lot of people like them... I absolutely HATE them!!)

I have a 45c and am saving for a P2k and a P2ksk(9mm). I could ultimately carry any of the 3 as long as I'm dept qualified.

But... If you could carry only one of the mentioned HK's as a duty weapon... Which would you choose and why?
I'd choose the HK 45C with two spare magazines. Sorry the P30 isn't available as an option to you also.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Considering your preference for compacts...I would second the P2000 in 9mm. Capacity, comfort,....and you always have the option of CCW with flat base plates.

If you were able to shoot full size well...no doubt I would recommend the HK45...you would have the ability to utilize the mags for your 45c.

·
Registered
571 Posts
A full size pistol is my preference, namely a USP in .45

Out of the options you listed - the P2000 in .357 > .40

·
Premium Member
5,017 Posts
I'm not a fan of full-size handguns. I honestly don't shoot them as well as compacts. I have medium hands and the compacts fit me like a glove.
In that case, P30 .40 S&W. This is what I carry, BTW. Nothing wrong with the HK45c, I carry one daily. But I'm not in uniform everyday like I used to be. Being uniformed and likely called upon, the 8-round HK45c capacity is not ENOUGH. Go with a .40 and if you have to have a P2000, so be it. Uniformed LE duty is a lot different than civilian concealed carry.

·
Requiescat in Pace
2,393 Posts
HK45 with X300. Why? Because I shoot it the best out of all HK I own.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
1st Choice - P2000 in .40
2nd Choice - HK45C with two 10 round backup mags.

I honestly think that a P30 in .40 would be better and it isn't a full size either.

·
Registered
48 Posts
HK45 full size. It's not too bad on concealed carry either. If you happen to be looking for something in .40 s&w instead of .45 ACP, go with the p30L in .40 s&w

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
My every day pistols are the HK45C and Ed Brown Kobra Carry. Occasionally carry a P2000SK but the size difference really isn't that great.

-- Chuck

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a P2000 and P2000sk in .40. I love them both, and shoot them better than my USPF 40. I carry the p2k for duty and investigations. For undercover and training I use the sk.

Best thing is to carry what you shoot best, and are most comfortable with.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts