HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasn't sure where to post this.....I really like the extended 4 prong flash hider for the 91k's.....I would like to put one on my AKS 74U but it has to be long enough to keep it correct length barrel. I am tired of the "fake can" and I think the long flash hider would let you appreciate the flash and noise of the short barrel.....or am I crazy....lol

·
Registered
207 Posts
You'll either need to rethread the flash hider or your barrel or if you're lucky have an adapter made. In any case it will have to be permanently attached to keep it legal. It's probably going to be easier to have one made with the correct threads on it to begin with.
Personally I like the look on most weapons, especially the XM177 style on AR's. I have a DSA58 Para Elite with a 13" barrel that has the shorty look, it's certainly cheaper than paying the SBR tax.
And like you said the flash and noise is half the fun.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
those are NICE guns you have there! Yeah adapting one is out of the question I think, due to I think the Krink barrel is something like 8 inches.....I will have to go measure and figure out the reqired length to reach 16 inch minimum...it has permanantly attached fake can on it.....looks cheaply done........I just dont know who to go to to make me one.......

·
Registered
480 Posts
investment grade firearms had a flash hider adapter to go from 15x1 to 1/2x28 adaptor for my G-36/22. Maybe he can make something for you.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
investment grade firearms had a flash hider adapter to go from 15x1 to 1/2x28 adaptor for my G-36/22. Maybe he can make something for you.
thanks for the idea, i will have to check into them....I think it will have to be 8 1/2 to 9 inches long......

1 - 12 of 12 Posts