HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that RIM Country has just put into place a nice order to do 53 1/7 twist, but they are not rated for full auto.

I would rather pay a bit more and get exactly what I'm looking for.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
376 Posts
I know that RIM Country has just put into place a nice order to do 53 1/7 twist, but they are not rated for full auto.

I would rather pay a bit more and get exactly what I'm looking for.

Any ideas?
They make the Carbon steel barrels for the 53/33/93. RC mfg has the SS barrels for the MP5/MP5K PDW.

Is a Stainless Steel barrel rated for full-auto?

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
I've got a complete HK53A2 kit with original 1/7 twist barrel and 0-1-25 pack. $2200 shipped.

I committed to buying a second one after the first one didn't look like it was going to happen. Then it came in. I didn't want to be an a-hole since I told the guy I wanted it so I ended up with two of them.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
They make the Carbon steel barrels for the 53/33/93. RC mfg has the SS barrels for the MP5/MP5K PDW.

Is a Stainless Steel barrel rated for full-auto?
I dont think any stainless steel barrels are rated for FA. Stainless DOES NOT take the heat very well.

For FA you'll want a 4150 grade steel, or something along those lines (rather than 4140 steel)

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Were original 1/7 twist barrels rated for full auto?

I would be interested in this soon, but I would then need to find a receiver for it.

Ghilliebear mentioned he was going to be making 53 receivers that will accept AR mags, I have emailed him a few times on the subject and he has never gotten back to me.

So I'm not sure where I would go after having the kit.

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
Were original 1/7 twist barrels rated for full auto?

I would be interested in this soon, but I would then need to find a receiver for it.

Ghilliebear mentioned he was going to be making 53 receivers that will accept AR mags, I have emailed him a few times on the subject and he has never gotten back to me.

So I'm not sure where I would go after having the kit.
Oh yeah, since the HK53 is a push-pin receiver with full-auto packs, the original 1/7 barrels on them had to be full auto quality. As for receivers, you can get clone receivers from I think Vector, my other kit is going on a shooter HK93 I bought earlier this year. The receiver on it is in great shape, so after a refinish and installation of the kit, it will be beautiful.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts