HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find myself sometimes getting parts and accessories for potential future projects or for guns I don't even own yet. Sometimes it's the excitement of hard to find parts or "One day I'm going to build..." sort of deal. I'm sure I'm not the only one here like this. I wonder how much cool stuff is being stashed out there that may or may not actually get used? Some of my examples are HK barrels, mags, rails, etc.

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts
I find myself sometimes getting parts and accessories for potential future projects or for guns I don't even own yet. Sometimes it's the excitement of hard to find parts or "One day I'm going to build..." sort of deal. I'm sure I'm not the only one here like this. I wonder how much cool stuff is being stashed out there that may or may not actually get used? Some of my examples are HK barrels, mags, rails, etc.
It was probably one of the best buys I ever made. I had recently purchased an Hk21 in 1996 and was cruzing the tables at the Creek one
morning and there on a vendors table, Toni's Surplus and Loan I think, were several Hk21A1 and Hk23A1 caliber conversion kits.

Turned out that neither kit would work in an Hk21 but that .223 caliber conversion kit sure was nice to have when many years later I got a Hk21A1.

·
Teufelshund Tactical
7,378 Posts
Oh yeah, with the import restrictions on many of the vital parts and other, older items becoming harder and more expensive all the time, it just makes sense to take advantage of opportunities when they present themselves.

·
Registered
893 Posts
checking in...a lot of it is either for a spare for something I know may be hard to find in 10 years, or some is for a future project,and some is, well, just because.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
One of my prizes is a factory original 33K front end I got years ago. Mint, new, no wear! It'll go in a HK93-HK33 SBR project one day.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
I buy SPARE parts for guns I already own, just in case I need them later. Things like extractor springs, roller pins, locking pieces. I am at the point where if any of my roller-lock guns were to break, I have the parts to fix it, minus major stuff like barrels, receivers, etc.

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
I do too... I'm looking for an AR mag conversion for a SL8... that I don't even own.
Mine has the mag conversion, it is definately the way to go. If you are a purist, then buy the other mag well also then you have it for the future if you need it. I have tubs full of parts for "just in case". And for future builds.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I'll buy parts for a project that I have planned, as long as it's something I'm sure I'll buy (I think I bought a few spares for the UMP/USC conversion before I got either the USC or the UMP parts kit) but other than that money is pretty tight so I'm not buying parts for 'wish list' guns!

·
Banned
232 Posts
I do the same thing... Luckily at the Gunsmithing school I'm attending, there's a lot of people that have random things they don't want, I have way too much crap.....

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts
He is just poking fun. He has the rifle that goes on also.... Damn US laws.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts