HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Sig X-5 Allround and a Sig 226. On both guns, I sent them off to have the trigger reset shortened. I basically got the equivalent of the Sig SRT in both guns. The gunsmith that did this for me only charged $75 for each gun. However, he does not work on HK's.

Who does this type of work on HK? I know Bruce Gray does, but that type of work is part of a package that costs $300. This is a range gun that gets played with 3-4 times per year, so I do not want to sink $300 into it. I would much prefer $75. Got any recommendations?

·
Registered
53 Posts
General consensus is that if you don't go to Grey Guns, then people send theirs to Bill Springfield. You can do a search here and find him. He's also on the internet out of Colorado Springs CO. Like any place, (or anybody) there's "them that like him and them that don't."

·
Registered
365 Posts
I'm going to tip my hat to the folks at Gray Guns (GGI). They did magical work on my SIG P226 and I hear their HK work is just as good. Their services aren't cheap and their wait times during this time of year are long, but this is true of any quality gunsmith.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Question - I just sent my P30 to Robar for the NP3 Plus treatment. I'm not very familiar with the internal workings on the P30, if I get a trigger job done on it will it be on non-metallic components that the finish won't be applied to? I know the trigger itself is polymer but there is a metal component attached to it. Or will I need to send it off again to get new NP3 on it after I get the trigger work done? I'm not sure what a trigger job specifically involves but I know they don't apply the NP3 to springs

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
So you think HK made a polymer trigger for your P2000/P2000SK and a metal trigger for the rest of the guns?
Have you ever seen polymer sticking to a magnet before? Well, I haven't.

·
Registered
272 Posts
So you think HK made a polymer trigger for your P2000/P2000SK and a metal trigger for the rest of the guns?

Well that's one funky ass plastic feeling metal trigger. Feels polymer to me. Is it polymer coated? And FYI Mr. know it all, I'm referring to my P30, not a P2000

·
Registered
60 Posts

Witchcraft! Thats some kinda new fangled polymer magnet!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Well then is it polymer coated, or just made of a different metal then anything else on the gun? Someone besides the ******* please chime in. Apparently he still thinks I'm talking about a P2000 and not a V3 P30

·
Registered
272 Posts
Here you go, kiddo.

Tell you what, if you're so well informed how about you take a second of your precious time and just educate someone who admits they're not familiar with this weapons system <edited>? You still haven't answered my coating question. It's not like a damn earth magnet wont stick to a polymer coated metal trigger. <edited>

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
Tell you what, if you're so well informed how about you take a second of your precious time and just educate someone who admits they're not familiar with this weapons system <edited>? You still haven't answered my coating question. It's not like a damn earth magnet wont stick to a polymer coated metal trigger. <edited>
Here, take some of this and when you calm down, you'll learn something.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
David Bowie at Bowie Tactical Concepts.com does a trigger job on the P30,USP,P2000,HK45, etc series for around $100-$120. However if you have an LEM trigger he wont do any work because he cant improve it that much. I had him do my P30 and its a night and day difference. I currently have my full size P2000 there getting a 360 stippling grip and grey slide\levers refinish. I must warn you though that he is pretty much a 1 man crew so the wait times for your gun back are from 4-8months. He also is not a huge fan of HK's. But will work on them anyways. I sent my P2000 to him in early Dec last year and am still waiting to give u an ID of the wait time. But in my opinion its worth it and his work is pretty much unmatched in the custom polymer business.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Yes, the trigger is polymer coated.

I can very easily see how someone would think that this is a polymer trigger. Metal triggers don't normally flex, and someone calling this a polymer trigger would be just as correct or incorrect as someone calling this a metal trigger.

I'm sorry, but I can't help you with the trigger job question.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts