HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had the P2000 first and shoot it very well. That's what led me to want the P2000SK. I shoot the SK just as well as the full size. Of coarse, the SK carries better for me and it accepts the full size mags so there is almost no downside. last but not least, I like the aesthetics of the SK more. I almost feel the P2000 is redundant at this point. It basically sits in the safe since acquiring the SK.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Both have their distinct advantages. I liked carrying my P2000 pistols, especially in winter time when I wear a jacket. I liked the longer sight radius. While the P2000sk soaks up recoil of the .40s&w or .357sig just fine, the P2000 did it better. I preferred the lack of front strap finger molding on the P2000 over the P2000sk. The P2000 has more back strap options than the P2000sk. That makes it more ergonomic in my hands.

Now, someone is going to say the P2000sk is the same thing with an X-GRIP. Maybe to them but not to me. We're not all made the same. I don't like using an X-GRIP in a P2000sk ass it interferes with a clean magazine drop.

It's like putting lip stick on a pig...or Corvette emblems on a Chevette.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I like My p30 much better than the P30 SK I had. I had the pinkie extension on my SK but did not like where the bottom of the grip hit my hand. I also don't like using the x grip.
It seems like people buy an SK then put an x-grip on it to make the grip the same length as a P30 just to have a .38 in shorter barrel. YMMV

·
Registered
422 Posts
Me.

I have a VP9 for games, and carry a P30SK LEM V1 for CCW. Bought the VP9 first.

If I knew then what I know now, I'd have bought two SKs and shoot one in competition, then used the other for carry after vetting it with JHP ammo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I like My p30 much better than the P30 SK I had. I had the pinkie extension on my SK but did not like where the bottom of the grip hit my hand. I also don't like using the x grip.
It seems like people buy an SK then put an x-grip on it to make the grip the same length as a P30 just to have a .38 in shorter barrel. YMMV
I use 13 round magazine and X-Grip for the P2000SK with my P30SK which gives me a full grip and makes it the same size height wise as the P2000 and still noticeably shorter than my P30.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I LOVE my P30SK but I love my P30L more for more comfortable shooting and accuracy in my hands though my P30L is not a whole lot more accurate in my hands than my P30SK but noticeably so.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I use 13 round magazine and X-Grip for the P2000SK with my P30SK which gives me a full grip and makes it the same size height wise as the P2000 and still noticeably shorter than my P30.
Of course you are right Grumpy but there are 13 round x-grips and 15round x-grips. p30sk 15rndxt[1].JPG

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Of course you are right Grumpy but there are 13 round x-grips and 15round x-grips. View attachment 93586
Yeah I know what you are saying but those 15 round things are fugly (I know it's a tool LOL). I agree with you in that if I wanted 15 rounds I would CCW my P30L. If I CCW a 15 round magazine for my P30SK it is just the bare magazine.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I think you'd have to define "just as well".

I have several compact versions of full sized guns that I can shoot "as well" as their bigger brother's right up until I run a drill on a clock. I don't think I've every had a compact that i've shot better than a full size once times were taken into consideration.

Chuck

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think you'd have to define "just as well".

I have several compact versions of full sized guns that I can shoot "as well" as their bigger brother's right up until I run a drill on a clock. I don't think I've every had a compact that i've shot better than a full size once times were taken into consideration.

Chuck
I mean just as accurately but I've never compared the two on the clock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I can say this though...I feel like a get a better grip during live fire on the SK with the pinky rest.

·
Registered
131 Posts
My hands are small enough that I can get half of my pinky on the grip. So when I carry it I keep a 10 round in it and carry two 15 round P30 mags with the X-Grip. The 15 rounders are easier to fish out of a pocket and I can carry two for the same number of rounds as three regular mags.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I LOVE my P30SK but I love my P30L more for more comfortable shooting and accuracy in my hands though my P30L is not a whole lot more accurate in my hands than my P30SK but noticeably so.
Ditto! My P30L is now primarily a range gun, or a class gun when wearing an OWB holster, and my P30SK shares primary CCW duty with my USP45C.

As for accuracy, I was surprised when the 1st 10 rounds at 7 yards out of the P30SK grouped every bit as well as the 1st 10 rounds out of the P30L at the same distance, 8 months earlier.

I can say this though...I feel like a get a better grip during live fire on the SK with the pinky rest.
While I definitely prefer a +1 or +2 pinky grip, the P30SK is the first sub-compact I've ever felt comfortable with my pinky below the grip. As I've begun to carry the SK, I've found the pinky extensions print much more readily than I was expecting, so I'm going back to the flat base pad. 10+1 is not a huge deficit from 11+1 or 12+1.

The 15 rounders are easier to fish out of a pocket
Hadn't thought about that -- I'll have to try a 15 rd. mag in a pocket.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Not only are the 15 rounders easier to fish out of a pocket, but if you need to go to a spare mag you're in deep trouble and will likely need the extra rounds. Also, the longer 15 round mags are easier to seat than a short 10 rounder.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I shoot my full P2000 better then my SK

·
Registered
623 Posts
My sk is for carry when I am out and about. My USP is for everything else.

If I am in a situation where I am reloading a pistol... I need to be getting my long guns.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts