HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy a H&K copy MP-5/94 rifle. Looking on the internet I have come up with Bobcat Weapons. Vulcan, etc. Who makes the best copy? Any information will be appreciated.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Vulcan is not even a close copy!!

Bobcat is OK, but get the real thing!!

You can still get the real thing (CA DOJ Refurbs) for Right around the $2300 mark!!

Contact Larry Wolff at [email protected], he still had 2 or 3 of them as of this morning!!!

Tell him I sent you
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Y

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
isn't vulcan direct blowback?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, That's my understanding of their system.

·
Registered
109 Posts
NO ONE DOES ........ BETTER SAVE THE CASH GET YOUR SELF A D.O.C 94 AND RE DO IT ..... :150000:

·
Registered
2 Posts
i've handled and shot the real thing extensively and own a bw mp5k and i think it's fully comparable to the hk (although the k is only semiauto). the fit and finish are excellent and mine operated just fine out of the box (which might be something of a fluke). but if you can get the funds for the real thing, even if you have to scrimp, i'd do that just for the collectability and that..."prestige"...owning the real thing has.

the vulcan is horribly made. the finish is crude and sloppy. i'd be afraid to use it for a club let alone shoot someone with it. i mean, if one was looking for a self-defense type piece.

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
My Bobcat runs great, and I was able to outfit it with everything I want for about the same price as you'd pay for a bare bones, needs refinishing/paddle mag release/3-lug barrel work DOJ 94. I bought a pack of gold extractor springs, but haven't had to install one so far. The extractor spring issue seems to be the main problem that people report, and that is easily remedied.

Thanks,
James

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is the Vulcan that bad?

I just purchased a Vulcan 94 not knowing all the bad talk about them. I have yet to shoot it. Is it really as bad as they say. Is there anyone that has had a quality vulcan?

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Welcome to the boards dropemlow.

I've heard of only a few range reports of them and am afraid that none of them were positive. Please keep us posted on how things turn out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Best clone to buy

I have a 94 and a clone.The clone I got was a RF94 from Ohio Rapid Fire. Todd's work is very nice and he is great doing business with. He stands behind his product. I would not have any trouble making an entry with my RF94. Officer Sid

·
Registered
1 Posts
To JCook

Is that a clone?
If it is could you tell me how you got the stock on? I have 2 collapsible MP5 stocks and I can't get them to fit on my clone. Personally, I don't have much experience with anything except HK pistols, so I can't really tell the difference from a clone or an original rifle.

Thanks,
James Porter

·
Registered
611 Posts
Always love seeing a trigger housing that has a wear mark of the selector going to F.............woo hoo!!!! Hot Damn!

·
Registered
1 Posts
from what i hawe seen, B+T makes good mp5 clones.
but they are not available in the us.

who made your clone?
+1.

From a review I've read about the Brugger&Thomet BT-96 (semi auto MP5 clone). It should be the closest to the real thing.

Made within HK-specs, with HK-tools. And all the latest changes made to the real deal, should also be on the BT-96.

Only thing is, it isn't black like HK :(

1 - 20 of 105 Posts