HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your thoughts on the stock pistol grip (HK416\MR556A1)? Did you keep? Seems many prefer to switch out to one of the Magpul variants.

HK surely had a good reason to design the grip the way they did, right?

Keep or swap out?

·
Registered
106 Posts
I swapped to a magpul. I think I like it better but need to shot more.

·
Banned
879 Posts
I did not like the variant 1 grip that I tried, but will be getting a Bravo Company version of the variant 2 to try out for awhile. If it works for me, great, if not, there's no shortage of people who will buy it and i'll just switch back to my Magpul MOE.

I suppose the question is if you like the grip angle at all. If the grip angle is good for you, but it is too narrow at the top, try the variant 2. If you already have the variant 2 and think it's too thick, try the variant 1. If you don't like the grip angle to begin with, go with a magpul or other manufacture grip with a different grip angle.

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts
Swapped mine out for a Magpul MIAD. I have yet to find a grip that fits my hand well except for the MIAD with the Large back strap and smooth front strap.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
What are your thoughts on the stock pistol grip (HK416\MR556A1)? Did you keep? Seems many prefer to switch out to one of the Magpul variants.

HK surely had a good reason to design the grip the way they did, right?

Keep or swap out?
I prefer HK pistol grip (or actually it's angle) over A2 style grip. HK grip is more comfortable when shooting on short LOP in fontal or semi-frontal stance. More angled grips (like MIAD or A2) are better for bladed stance and long LOP.

HK grip was designed for people who shoot rifle in frontal position (to have armour plates toward enemy) and with short LOP (for CQB).

·
Registered
411 Posts
I do not like the stock grip at all.

I hate the finger tab, and the profile of the neck/beaver tail is too slim. I don't have an issue with the angle

Used a Magpul MIAD on my gun i Afghanistan, and it was a lot better.

And I am not a proponent of the HK shooting style. That's why I don't like the convex butt pad either.

Too bad we can't change our grips......without facing NJP.

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
stock grip without the finger tab would work for me based on the many times i have held one.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Initially I didn't like it due to the finger tab getting in the way. Dremeled the tab away and now it fits perfectly in the hand.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
I prefer HK pistol grip (or actually it's angle) over A2 style grip. HK grip is more comfortable when shooting on short LOP in fontal or semi-frontal stance. More angled grips (like MIAD or A2) are better for bladed stance and long LOP.

HK grip was designed for people who shoot rifle in frontal position (to have armour plates toward enemy) and with short LOP (for CQB).
+1 This.

·
Registered
56 Posts
i dont mind the grip except the selector switch rubbing against my thumb and trigger finger is annoying. i dont have that problem with the magpul grips

·
Registered
176 Posts
I love the standard MR556A1 grip, the angle is perfect for me and it feels damn good. I would gladly buy anyone's here to put on my Knight's Armament SR15 as well !!

I think they did their homework on the grip angle for sure, and I love it.

·
Registered
223 Posts
+1 for the HK Grip. At first I thought it would wind up on the exchange. It took a couple of sessions with the rifle but after that I have grown to really like it. I have Tango Down Battle Grips on my other AR's and love those as well. I thought the bump was going to rub my finger raw based on my large hands and snug fit with all the surrounding components. The texture, fit and angle all worked out for me.

One less thing to buy.

TC

1 - 15 of 15 Posts