HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know the MR556 doesn't quite live up the expectation that its name (match rifle) extolls, but it shoots a lot better than I am capable of. I went out this afternoon to confirm my dope out to 400 yards, since I'm heading off to the 3-gun Nationals next week, and check this out:

Now I know--it was only a 3-shot group, and not nearly as telling as a 5 or 10 shot group, but I was just confirming my scope settings, and wasn't really out to blast a bunch of ammo--so 3 is all you get. This was at 389 yards (so says the rangefinder) using Speer Gold Dot 64 grain ammo, and a Burris MTAC 1x-4x scope off of a rolled up sleeping bag for a rest. I've never been much of a rifle shooter, but the more I shoot this thing, the more impressed I am.

Obligatory photo of MR556 dressed in 3-gun livery:

·
Banned
4,248 Posts
I'd wager most of the accounts of poor accuracy have more to do with the Indian and not the arrow as some might say.

Good luck next week. Shoot straight, have fun, and make us proud.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd wager most of the accounts of poor accuracy have more to do with the Indian and not the arrow as some might say.

Thanks! I'll try and take as much video and pictures as I can to post here when I get back.

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts

I suspect you are correct. also perhaps ammo selection?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Thanks! I'll try and take as much video and pictures as I can to post here when I get back.
Nice, will you guys be at the Area 6 championship?

I will be shooting all day friday in squad 9 with my P30L.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice, will you guys be at the Area 6 championship?

I will be shooting all day friday in squad 9 with my P30L.
Fantastic! Yes, we'll be there (Jason, Bill and myself). We'll be shooting all day Saturday. I'll be there Friday walking stages, so I'll make sure to look for you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts