HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking of getting a holster from atomicdogholsters.com.

Its for my HK USP compact 9mm with streamlight TLR-3. They dont show any holsters for this gun but I have asked if they could make one. Waiting to hear from them. I dont know of any other holster makers who make a holster for my gun setup.

Does anyone have any experience with holsters from them? Im hoping to use this holster on the job. Im a cop :)

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
I have had one of their holsters for my G17, it was excellent. The holster is a little looser after a few years, but for the price it was excellent. If they cannot make the holster for you, then look at Raven Concealment.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. Can you tell me if the holster has any safety features so that the gun stays in the holster no matter what?

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Not on the one that I have, it is a standard belt loop OWB kydex holster. The gun is retained by the trigger guard, with no active retention devices. Unless they started making duty holsters, I would say their suff would be good only for plain cloths/concealed work.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im only getting it for concealed work. But thank you for your info :) I look at the raven concealment holsters they look very nice indeed. Do you have any experience with their holsters?

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Yeah, Raven has set the standard in my mind for Kydex and options for carry. I have had their stuff too, but keep on going back to leather for non competition use. The wait time makes the Raven stuff tough for most folks. Atomic Dog does a great job, but you just have to be sure that they'll build for your gun. You can't go wrong with Raven, Atomic Dog, or Comp Tac IMHO. There are other great kydex options too, but I just have not tried them personally.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you seem to know your holsters :) I have never had any kydex holster only leather holsters. I was looking for a holster option that will fit my gun setup I just cant find any in leater. Then I heard about atomic dog on a military forum and now you told me about raven also... do you know any other who makes holsters for my gun setup?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok I also had a look at blade-tech holsters. But they seem to only make holsters for my gun with TLR1 and 2 and the UTL light. Anyone know if the TLR3 light will fit in a holster for the TLR1 and 2 lights?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I recieved an email from Atomic Dog today. Unfortunately they do not have and do not plan on making a holster for my gun setup. The search for a holster continues....

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would also look at Crown Holsters if you are looking at kydex holsters. I have one for my USP45 and I consider it to be the same quality as the Raven Concealment holsters(which I also have). The Crown holster makes that big 45 easy to carry all day.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts