HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, why are A3 and A3-F stocks so damned hard to find and so expensive to purchase? You'd think a machining company would see this market (massive demand and extremely low supply) and JUMP on it. I mean people legitimately pay >$1,000 for an A3 stock. So just make and sell 1,000 A3 stocks and congrats you've already grossed $1,000,000. So why is nobody doing that?

Second, MP5's are used by thousands of military and police agencies across the world. So why is there such a small online market for surplus MP5 accessories? You'd think online marketplaces would be overflowing with used MP5 accessories, no?

·
Priest of the P7
5,245 Posts
The run on all MP5 stocks came with the release of the SP5 snd now the L, on top of the popularity that clones were already gaining.

People only pay top dollar for genuine HK stocks. Nobody is going to pay those prices for reproductions.

Reactions: Indreams84

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,994 Posts
It's called capitalism. Great demand + low supply = high prices. Adding less desirable, low end reproductions does not increase the supply of what people want to buy. And since HK is a bit more focused on making FIREARMS than accessories, the market will have to wait/pay more.

... a mixer is being held in the Student Union this evening. Please make sure that your tuition and fees are current.

Reactions: Nachtsturm

·
Banned
183 Posts
There are a lot of flippers out there too.
Au had 20 or so yesterday and 1 person bought every single one.

I would be wary buying from a private party at this point with people behaving like that. Would rather roll the dice with the hk web shop or europtic or something.

that said, I have one from the before times, so I don’t really NEED it.

AU also had A2 stocks yesterday. They started with ~20. I got a spare to replace the Pof I’ve had and they were down to 16 left. Someone bought the other 16 in one transaction.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
As usual, people think you just push a button to manufacture a product. It would take a few months and tens of thousands of dollars just to make tooling for one arm. Now make the other one. And the butt plates. Etc. Then assembly.

It's not an easy $1million like you think.

·
Banned
20 Posts

I would be wary buying from a private party at this point with people behaving like that. Would rather roll the dice with the hk web shop or europtic or something.

AU also had A2 stocks yesterday. They started with ~20. I got a spare to replace the Pof I’ve had and they were down to 16 left. Someone bought the other 16 in one transaction.
What is AU ? thanks...:)

·
Banned
20 Posts
arms unlimited.

i don't have a lot of love for them because the way they operate generally rubs me the wrong way, but they do get good stock from time to time.
Ohhh... Duh lol I know about them.. thanks.

·
Registered
262 Posts
@Saab95v6 just checked out your site for the first time. Although you are out of stock on the things I have need for, I will probably make you my go to location for those parts because you seem to be consistently asking fair prices.

·
Registered
325 Posts
As usual, people think you just push a button to manufacture a product. It would take a few months and tens of thousands of dollars just to make tooling for one arm. Now make the other one. And the butt plates. Etc. Then assembly.

It's not an easy $1million like you think.
a whole lot of people don't have a clue or a inclining on what kind of money and time it takes to make a product, it's easy for them just to say "why doesn't someone make it .......yadda, yadda, yadda".

then add to that equation; what is the market for those? is it even worth the money for us to be making them? or will be losing money on this venture? if it's a small market it may not be worth the money to even go forward.....and despite what some people like to believe, the HK rifle market is small, small, small compared to other firearm, ie. AR, AKs etc.....

now ATI imported some A3 stocks that were affordable a while back from someplace in Asia, but that didn't last long. maybe when more SPs start rolling in like a small tsunami , they might again be offering them, but don't get your hopes up they will be the same price as before, they'll certainly be more affordable then the HK stocks

·
Priest of the P7
5,245 Posts

The flipper is the leach on the ass of capitalism. That kind of behavior should be curtailed by the vendor.

Reactions: RobMa

·
Registered
163 Posts
Simple demand outpacing supply. With the semi-regular stream of SP5s for the last year and a half, who knows when the stocks will catch up.

Same thing happened with the Benelli M4 stocks. Still going for crazy prices when you can find 'em.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
a whole lot of people don't have a clue or a inclining on what kind of money and time it takes to make a product, it's easy for them just to say "why doesn't someone make it .......yadda, yadda, yadda".

then add to that equation; what is the market for those? is it even worth the money for us to be making them? or will be losing money on this venture? if it's a small market it may not be worth the money to even go forward.....and despite what some people like to believe, the HK rifle market is small, small, small compared to other firearm, ie. AR, AKs etc.....

now ATI imported some A3 stocks that were affordable a while back from someplace in Asia, but that didn't last long. maybe when more SPs start rolling in like a small tsunami , they might again be offering them, but don't get your hopes up they will be the same price as before, they'll certainly be more affordable then the HK stocks
But just 3D print them!

:ROFLMAO:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts