HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've enjoyed my clone collection for a while now and continually hear a few express their love for German barrels. So much so that an original MP5k barrel can fetch $1300 alone!

The german barrels are so evil that the ATF requires them to be cut and removed from many of the 233 & 308 kits. My question is.... WHY?

I can't understand why they must be destroyed or why someone will pay so much for one.

Just wondering.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Barrels can no longer be imported unless they come in pre-installed on a approved sporting rifle, or a Post sample MG. It wont stop anybody but the people who can and will lawfully use them in builds. Its a BS feel-good law that has no purpose whatsoever. Its made some people very wealthy though (The price of Krinkov AK kits with original barrles has skyrockted 300-600% since the ban in 05)

On the upside, it has given opportunities to US companies like RCM make very high quality ones. I have many RCM barrels and they are fantastic for the price.

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Because our elected representitives are largely tyrants and the BATF are goons who desperately want power over us and to have us disarmed?

Here is just one story, go to the main home site and read more

ATF rips off another Arizona gun dealer

They have been banning and regulating our weapons since the 1920s and it is a miracle that we still retain some of our small arms

·
Banned
599 Posts
not just hk barrels all barrels that come in the country from replacement kits are demilled one way or another by having holes drilled in them or being torchcut.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
not just hk barrels all barrels that come in the country from replacement kits are demilled one way or another by having holes drilled in them or being torchcut.
This.
NO import barrels escape the ATF logic. Any original import barrel you'll find has went way up in price, not just HK.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Its not only a US reg, but a German one as well. I have a contact at HK USA, who is in the Gov sales department and even THEY cannot get barrels from Germany. Its more on their side than ours.

·
Registered
279 Posts
From what I read a while back the barrels were not for sporting use and the parts were for replacements...Vour papers pleeze mein heir.

·
Registered
6,398 Posts
Probably part of the anti-gun UN directive. And HK kisses the UN butts.

·
Registered
370 Posts
For an organization that was originally created to COLLECT TAXES on Alcohol and Tobacco AFTER Prohibition was repealed, they sure have grown in power and INTRUSIVENESS over ALL firearm issues (their annual budget continues to swell EVERY YEAR, TOO)!
They should go back to just busting moonshiners and leave us legal, law abiding gun owners alone.
The Second Amendment was EXPRESSLY written, AND PASSED, to PREVENT the issues that caused us to leave Mother England, an ALL POWERFUL and TYRANNICAL Govt.!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts