HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for a HK91 and have noticed the HK91 A3's have been selling for about $400-500 more than similiar A2 models. Any idea why?

I am puzzled in that the A3 retractable stock goes for $200.

Please help enlighten me.

thanks

Doug

·
Premium Member
2,575 Posts
The A3 stock gets a premium, that's about it.
Personally I think it's because some folks think they are worth it regardless of how stupid the idea is. But that pretty much rounds up the entire free market.

·
Premium Member
2,711 Posts
You can the A3 stock for $200 new, but it is not matched in terms of paint color. The premium has mostly to do with that. Surplus stocks are park finish, not blue/gray paint.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I think that the retractable stock on an H&K 91 [or 93] is one of the best accessories you can have. I love mine, and I carry the rifle with it on the gun a LOT, and I have killed a fair amount of game using the retractable stock.
Many times if I am going to be shooting a bunch, or hunting in hot or cold weather, I put a piece of foam pipe insulation on the left rail of the stock, the one that touches my face. I do not tape it on, I just use the split that is already cut in the foam, and slip it over the stock rail. That way I can pull off the foam and retract the stock when I want to...

However, I would also want the regular stock, so just buy your 91 with a regular stock and then buy one of the $200.00 retractable stocks, who cares if it does not match perfectly...

Or if you DO care that it matches perfectly then buy the A3 and then buy a stock set, in green from Cheaper than Dirt for @$20.00...
Then you will have the skinny fore end as well...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts