HKPRO Forums banner

Why are these two HK marked PDW stocks different?

1362 24
I have two of these both recently purchased, and both HK marked. The one with the clear plastic bumper was sold to me as a new in bag HK stock (sealed in unmarked bag) and the other one (without the clear bumper, on the right in the first pic, on the left in the second pic) was sold to me as a police department takeoff (which I took - perhaps stupidly, as an indicator of authenticity along with the HK logo). They obviously have different end- plates and hardware. can anyone explain to me the differences between these two and comment on their authenticity or differences in time manufactured or manufacturing?
Bicycle part Automotive tire Wood Gas Camera accessory

Hand Wood Gadget Finger Fruit
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
yeah which means the guy on GB fu&ked me. I hope it's not too late to leave feedback.

How do they get the HK logo on the stock? I thought that was the hallmark of the "real deal" as opposed to the Choate made ones?
Nobody fu&ked you…you have a genuine Choate stock with genuine Choate hardware. Your best recourse would be to sell the all Choate specimen to someone not so fickle over the non German HK hardware, then buy another specimen with German Hardware to satisfy your wants. I definitely WOULD NOT contact the seller and accuse him of selling a knock off. That isn’t what happened in your instance. Respectfully.

·
Vendor
709 Posts
I have a pair of HK marked K-PDW stocks on GB now and have been flooded with messages asking “are these real German or fake?!” “Do they have the clear buffer or black one???” One even sent me a link to this thread….and yes….mine have the clear buffers. I can even show the invoice when and where I got them to prove the are HK.

With all of the “authentic reproductions” coming out…it’s only going to get worse trying to figure out what’s real and what’s not. As some say it’s a “perfect reproduction” others will call it the “perfect fake” This problem is going to continually get worse as prices keep going up and people look for cheaper options that look the same.

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
I have a real hk marked folding stock and it has a rubber buffer. HK Parts has some in stock with the different looking buffers.

Choate stock

German made stock

21 - 25 of 25 Posts