HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just returned from a range trip. a little windy, but all in all, good day.

I acquired a jet funnel kit and 2 mags from Gary at blue beret firearms (really nice guy and crazy fast shipping, by the way) earlier this week. put it on my USP9sd as soon as it showed up, then patiently waited for friday to get here.

this thing is like a completely different firearm to me. I know it only adds like a quarter inch in length to the grip, but it fits my gorilla sized hands so much better than it used to. I always liked the grip size on my USP tac, and now the 9 feels pretty much identical. the 18 round capacity also makes me smile.

the only drawback.... now I'm going to have to spend a bunch more loot on jet funnel mags. too bad I havent been hording those all these years.

anybody want to swap a dozen or so jet funnel mags for my high caps???

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
One more thing it that jet-funnel and steel basepads on mags add weight at end of grip. This works as counterbalance for muzzle flip. And no, I did not made this up myself. I got this info from HK together with info that in some point they changed baseplates for heavier ones to increase this effect.

·
Registered
18,635 Posts
One more thing it that jet-funnel and steel basepads on mags add weight at end of grip. This works as counterbalance for muzzle flip. And no, I did not made this up myself. I got this info from HK together with info that in some point they changed baseplates for heavier ones to increase this effect.
+1. It helps balance the gun.

·
Registered
18,635 Posts
@fullmann- The only problem I see with the JF 18-rd mags is that you're gonna go through the ammo much faster than with the regular mags. :wink:

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Would now be a good time to let the cat out of he bag about the hybrid match/LEM trigger or do you wanna chew on the Jet Funnel revelation for little while first?

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea, match trigger is next on the list for the 9mm. The .40 tac already has it, but no jet funnel mags to shoot it yet, just the funnel. It was killing me at the range today to look at the uninstalled funnel for the 40, and have to shoot with the standard grip.

What is this match/LEM hybrid you speak of? I was contemplating putting the light LEM on my USPc .45.

·
Registered
18,635 Posts
What is this match/LEM hybrid you speak of? I was contemplating putting the light LEM on my USPc .45.
It's the trigger in the Combat Competition models. The best trigger there is.
Match + LEM hybrid trigger + Jet Funnel and you'll never go back. :wink:

·
2,832 Posts
certain agency found that with hard use(dropage) the metal base-plates are prone to breakage(of the mag body I think), so they replace them with a different plastic floor plate(I cant recall, but will)

·
Registered
18,635 Posts

·
Registered
1997 USP 9mm Full Size, too many upgrades to list.
610 Posts
The .40 tac already has it, but no jet funnel mags to shoot it yet, just the funnel. It was killing me at the range today to look at the uninstalled funnel for the 40, and have to shoot with the standard grip.
You do know that the magazines arr the same right? The difference between the two is how they are marked.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
It's the best of the match mixed with the best of the LEM for some HK goodness. It's only for the full size though.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
certain agency found that with hard use(dropage) the metal base-plates are prone to breakage(of the mag body I think), so they replace them with a different plastic floor plate(I cant recall, but will)
I had exactly this problem. Mag body was breaking on baseplate tabs. I wrote HK and got answer that heavier base pads used to balance gun better put too much stress on magazine body in this area, when empty magazine hits concrete floor. HK changed mould for magazines, to reinforce this area (by changing square part into small curve). They sent me new magazine bodies for all my mags. Never had this problem again.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Congrats budd! I hear Jet Funnel Kits are awesome fun. I was debating weather i wanted to add this to my USP. Still up in the air…

·
Registered
1997 USP 9mm Full Size, too many upgrades to list.
610 Posts
Really? I figured the feed lips were a little farther apart on the 40.
Yep all the 9 mm and .40 standard USP magazines are essentially the same. The ammo holes on the back are different of course because you can't fit the same amount of ammo in them. But as long as you don't care about that you can use them interchangeably.

·
Registered
44 Posts
My USP LEM came with a jet funnel and it really does give it a nice feel. Now to install the match trigger components to make it a combat comp. clone....

+1 for Gary too. I picked up some JFK mags from him as well, great price and fast shipment.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts