HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always liked them because they are accurate & built like a tank :)

Whats your reason ??

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,654 Posts
I'll Give It a Go

My first love has always been the 1911. And I still have a lot of them and still enjoy shooting the heck out 'em as well. But I bought a USPc in .45 a good while ago and fell in love with it, too. Simple, straightforward design (read:uncomplicated), ultra reliable, not finicky for ammo, easy to teach with, indestructable, etc. So now I have that one, a Tactical .45, and an SL8-1.

Umm, my name is straightgrain and I have a problem...

·
1,200 Posts
The USP Tactical got me started with HK handguns.

But it's the uniqueness of the P7 and P9S that really hooked me.

Then there's the MP5...:cool:

·
Registered
88 Posts
The name

It's the sound when you say "Heckler & Koch" and no everyone can say it correctly the first time.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Dependable, accurate, long service life, light-weight, high enough capacity without overdoing it, and last but not least, they fit me better and point more naturally than any other semi I have owned or tried, including but not limited to Glock, SIG, S&W, Para Ordnance, Springfield Armory, Beretta, Ruger, Colt...

·
Registered
16 Posts
I didn't favor HK until I started carrying a weapon for self-defense. I reviewed the features I wanted in a carry gun and what I didn't want. The only gun that met my requirements was the USP45c and USP45. Once I got my USP45C I put the P220 in the safe for good.

·
Premium Member
3,891 Posts
one word, "dependable"

·
Registered
97 Posts
I can't tell you why. Just a gut feeling. When I decided to get back into shooting first considered was Glock. Most of the younger LE types carry them, and rave about them. Then Sig. I went round and round and round. Price wise all were in the ball park if shopping on the internet. Local gun shop wise no way. In the gun stores I began to check the ergos. Once that USPf .45 went into my hand that was it. I had to have it. In the back of my mind I thought I would get a Sig next. I think a P2000 is going to foil that plan.

·
Registered
257 Posts
P7M8 as a leo in 1979 ! The only pistol of it's type available to me then.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I like the legacy series of HK rifles because of the modularity and abundance of accessories for different missions/uses.

I like the USP series for their common ergonomics and controls from the largest to the smallest frame. HK USPs are also great suppressor platforms.

·
Registered
2 Posts
"In a world of compromise, some don't"

I think this slogan of H&K camptures the sentiments of most who have posted so far.

·
Registered
12 Posts
H&K

Guy's, I'm new on board, but let me say, it'll always come down to how well the shooter handles the handgun.

That being said I like the H&K, because of the way H&K overly engineer's thier handgun's if that means anything.

I would really injoy being able to purchase one of the newer H&K .45, that's going to come out this winter.

Now, should I or should I not, look into getting the USP .45? It's a tough choice to make. I've got enough handguns as it is.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts