HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was unloading my .45 magazines by running them through my USC/UMP to make this point. These pictures I'm about to show, show that every once and a while a round jams like this. This happens when I shoot as well. Anyone have any idea why it does this? this happens on a pretty consistent basis.

Vehicle

Any help would be awesome thanks

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,703 Posts
You lubing your BCG?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I had that problem with mine as well. My mag well wasn't open far enough. I also had problems with the hkparts us mags.

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,703 Posts
No I didn't know I need to do that. What ointment do you use to lube the BCG?
Yeah, lube the BCG with anything you like especially where it touches the rails inside the receiver. Mine was doing the same thing.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, lube the BCG with anything you like especially where it touches the rails inside the receiver. Mine was doing the same thing.
What kind of lube do you use? Also it seems that the USC/UMP gets really dirty after shooting won't that affect how the lube works and everything?

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,703 Posts
What kind of lube do you use? Also it seems that the USC/UMP gets really dirty after shooting won't that affect how the lube works and everything?
I actually use grease. Specifically lubriplate 130. Ammo selection as you know contribute to how dirty your gun gets, but I typically can get 600 to 1,000 rounds before cleaning. If I feel the BCG is getting gritty, than I'll use come CLP to get me through.

https://ads.midwayusa.com/product/8...ate-_-886141&gclid=CJmAtYuP69ICFcSLswod5z0Ntg

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I actually use grease. Specifically lubriplate 130. Ammo selection as you know contribute to how dirty your gun gets, but I typically can get 600 to 1,000 rounds before cleaning. If I feel the BCG is getting gritty, than I'll use come CLP to get me through.

https://ads.midwayusa.com/product/8...ate-_-886141&gclid=CJmAtYuP69ICFcSLswod5z0Ntg
Nice yeah It was like 2,000 rounds before I cleaned lol. I'll definitely buy some of this and you put just on the BCG or on both the bcg and the rails inside the receiver?

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,703 Posts
Both the BCG and Rails. Pretty much anywhere your see friction happening. I apply and work the carrier through the receiver and reapply to make sure I have a good coverage on any area that rubs.

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
I doubt it is a lubrication​ problem. My used to do this consistently when I closed the bolt with anything but maximum force.

It's all about the the magwell geometry. Who did your conversion? TBostic did mine. I solved the problem by dremeling some more material away from the front and rear of the magwell.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I'm going to go with mag not being seated enough. Who milled out the receiver?

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I doubt it is a lubrication​ problem. My used to do this consistently when I closed the bolt with anything but maximum force.

It's all about the the magwell geometry. Who did your conversion? TBostic did mine. I solved the problem by dremeling some more material away from the front and rear of the magwell.

Bumper Automotive exterior Technology Electronic device Door handle Door Lock Machine

Here you go what do you think

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yours doesn't look too bad, but a good way to check is to take a mag without the follower in it and see if you can get the body up in through the hole.

Here is what mine looks like now.

Nope my magazine cannot fit through the hole. Do I need to widen it?

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
Nope my magazine cannot fit through the hole. Do I need to widen it?
I would recommend it. Just be careful and go slow. It took me a while because I removed very small amounts of material at a time until I got it to fit correctly.

Just focus on the front and back and pay specific attention to all four corners. The majority of material you need to remove is the at the front of the receiver where the chamber is. The sides should be fine.

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,703 Posts
.... and so I'm not confusing anyone, trouble shoot with the basic stuff first and then work your way up from there. Not lubing your BCG a simple thing to rule out.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I would also start with cleaning and lubing your weapon. If Mr. Bostic did it, I would leave that for last to check off as he has a stellar rep. I will ask if you bought new or used mags and how the springs in them are.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts