HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious, what is your compelling reason to buy HK besides you shoot better with HK.

I am thinking about getting a P2000 but cannot seem to talk myself into spending the money.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Quality, engineering, reliability. Not necessarily in that order.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I knew HK was a great brand, and had been looking at USPs off and on for years. Finally, I got one because I was getting rid of a headache TRP 1911. And, w/ the frame safety, I saw that I could keep the gun cocked and locked. And, the frame safety is a similiar size to 1911s. I have seen some that are so small that they are not that easy to use in a crisis situation.

After I got the fullsize one, I got the compact :)

·
Registered
177 Posts
A handgun has to work, and unless you have hundreds of rounds, and are the gunsmith tinkering type, need a gun with out of the box reliabiltiy. Something that will feed nearly every type of ammunition out there. HK's are that reliable. Good, comfortable grip. The P2000, and all HK's except for maybe a USP 45 with a small person hands, easily fit in the hand. Good trigger pull. The LEM is 10 times better than any Glock I've fired, and nearly as good as allot of single action triggers out there. Accuracy. HK's have exceptional above industry standard accuracy. If you could put it in a vise and aim it at the same place, it will darn near hit the same hole every time. HK's can be shot lubed up, dry, dirty..very tough. Its can be abused and neglected and still work.

And as far as the 1911 TRP headache, I feel your pain. After carrying a reliable USP 40 for a number of years, I went and tried Kimber TLE...it must have been made on a Friday or something because I couldn't get it to work for me...to releive the headache, I bought a USP 45 and now carry it cocked and locked.

·
Registered
886 Posts
If you're worried about spending the money maybe you shouldn't be looking at HK, or Sig, or any number of quality handguns. Safety, reliability and accuracy are major factors I consider. My HKs are some of the most accurate guns I own right out of the box. Other guns can be made accurate, but at a price above and beyond the initial cost. By the time you've done that you could have purchased an HK. When buying a handgun it's not the time to get the K-Mart mentality. You can shop around and get the best price for the gun you want, but spend the extra cash and get a good weapon to begin with. The HK if properly cared for should function as advertised and last you a lifetime. That's what you get for your money. There's not many things out there you can say that about.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmm, in terms reliability, I have both Beretta 92FS and Glock 19, they are flawless. I have yet to produce one single failure. In terms accuracy, all my guns are more accurate than me. :-(

·
Registered
16 Posts
I consider HK polymer framed handguns to be equal and possibly superior to combat handguns produced by Sig Sauer and Glock. Generally speaking, HK's are priced higher than Glock and comparably to Sig Sauer. The USP45 and USP45C is a value to me because they include a combination of features that I consider desirable in a self defense arm: cocked and locked capable, polymer frame, steel mags, corrosion resistance, steel sights.

I don't feel the least bit uncomfortable trusting my life to a USP. I wouldn't feel uncomfortable trusting my life to a Glock or Sig Sauer. I would recommend testing various models from the previously mentioned manufacturers and buy whichever model appeals to you the most.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Well, I'm quite sure that a 92 FS or Glock 19 are very good handguns.
Probably as reliable as a H&K P2000.

I come from the Sig world (P228 and P226). I like DA/SA handguns with decocker, so the 92 is not for me and I've never get used to Glock trigger.
Sold my P228 (but will keep forever the P226) for a H&K P2000 VO / DA-LEM w. decocker (not sold in the US), just cause I wanted a polymer frame.

Despite some troubles in the beginning, this P2000 is now my favourite carry.
Quality and engineering quality are really impressive.

Now, if you're happy with your G 19 ... no reasons to double it with a P2000.
In the compact size, they're quite similar.

·
Registered
2 Posts
H&K, Glock, SIG, and the rest are all reliable, accurate (enough), and durable.

When I was looking to buy a new handgun, my primary interest was in reliability. I knew that all the guns I on my list had a reputation for reliability. Therefore, I used such factors as ergonomics and features as the means to personally distinguish different handguns. I already own a glock, and they fit me pretty well; however, I must cock my wrist forward in order to align the sights. I just do not like the feel and controls of SIGs, though I could feel the quality. H&K's, though I bit thick, fit me very, very well. I also happen to be a proponent of cocked and locked carry. All-in-all, H&K was the gun that I kept fondling.

Truth be told, I cannot wait for the HK45. I don't care about it because of the hype; it just happens to be exactly what I want from Heckler and Koch.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Stupid said:
Just curious, what is your compelling reason to buy HK besides you shoot better with HK.

I am thinking about getting a P2000 but cannot seem to talk myself into spending the money.

If you have a Glock and a Beretta that are flawless, than the main reason you are buying the HK is because you WANT it, so it is going to be hard for anyonje here to talk you into it.. You're just going to have to decide...

Sixfootbrit said; Quality, engineering, reliability, and you asked him to elaborate... there is nothing to elaborate on... HK's are considered some of the finest firearms EVER made. The MP5 and the P7's set the standard of a premium firearm. In my opinion the USP's and the newer P series aren't far off that benchmark. That pretty much covers quaility and engineering. As far as reliablity goes, I have had a USPc since 97 and haven't replaced ANYTHING on it and it has never even hiccupped. Probably had 5000 rounds through it(not a whole lot for almost 10yrs) but it has been loaded the whole time and the mags still work flawlessly and the gun never has any firing issues.

All in all, it is your descision. If you like the gun, and it feels good in your hand, BUY IT, you won't regret it. Is it better than you Glock and Beretta... No, probably not. IMO, it is better feeling than a Glock, but as far as quality goes, they are probably equals. Both the Glock and HK could take a beating better than a Beretta.

good luck with your choice.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Also, if you browse other forums, you will read MANY complaints about the firearms talked about on such firearms(i.e. Glock, 1911's..etc). If you notice, in this forum, there aren't many complaints at all... There are some, that's only natural, but there aren't many..

I am a HK nut and a 1911 nut(Actually probably more of a 1911 nut). but if the Sh*t hits the fan, I'll be grabbing my HK first!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I know my Colt 45 is not so great. Jams all the time, but I haven't heard any complaint on either 92FS or Glock. Would you mind showing me some of the complaints?

·
Registered
802 Posts
The only great pistols that HK has made are P7's and P9's. The rest of them aren't any better than the other plastic guns.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Scooter said:
The only great pistols that HK has made are P7's and P9's. The rest of them aren't any better than the other plastic guns.
I agree. I personally like HK's better than Glocks, Ruger, S&W..etc..... and I think they have a better grip and trigger feel to them vs other plastic pistols. But they are NO better in terms of quality.

Stupid: Why is it you post that you are interested in the P2000 but you have a sarcastic remark to any post that says anything good about HK. I never said that your Beretta or your Glock or you Colt for that matter wasn't a good gun. I have had 2 Glocks(I didn't like the feel of them)but they were damn nice guns... I never said I READ a post complaining about Beretta 92FS. I have read posts complaining about the grip shape of Glocks, and about the fact that they tend to jam when shot limpwristed(I know a lot of guns suffer from this). I can't point you to these post now. I have been reading gun forums for 5-6years and I have seen them in the past...

Look, I and everone else that has posted is trying to help, I am sorry that you took my post as a bash against your Beretta and Glock, It was not. Hey, if you like them, use them and don't buy the HK..... That's up to you.. I was just trying to point out some interesting facts that I have seen about HK's Sorry to offend you.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Q-ball, I am just trying to understand. I am curious about the reason that many of you choose HK over others. Is there anything significantly superier in HK? Quality, reliability, etc.?

My goal is to have one firearm from each major brand. :) But what makes HK different from Beretta, Glock or Sig? I have already have them all, and now eyeing on the HKs.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Stupid said:
Q-ball, I am just trying to understand. I am curious about the reason that many of you choose HK over others. Is there anything significantly superier in HK? Quality, reliability, etc.?

My goal is to have one firearm from each major brand. :) But what makes HK different from Beretta, Glock or Sig? I have already have them all, and now eyeing on the HKs.
Honestly, they are in NO way Superior to each other. Glock, Sig, Beretta, and HK are all top of the line guns. Like i said before, I liked the reliablity of My Glock's, but I didn't like the way they felt in my hand. I have only felt one Beretta in my life. An Elite II two tone, and it was one of the nicest feeling guns I have every held in my hand, but I don't non cocked and locked pistols and I am not a fan of 9mm.

I think if you like the P2000 and you have the money, buy it, you won't be dissappointed. If your trying to find a better firearm than you already have you won't with the P2000. It's just different not better. It's damn good....but so are the others. :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
If you already have one of each competitor, or want one, then why rationalise getting an HK? For you, what difference does it make? Asking us why we think an HK is better etc is a pointless endeavour; the real question is why do YOU want an HK? Coming on this forum and asking such a question as yours, responding to the answers given as you have, and given the amount of HK information provided elsewhere in this site, makes you look kinda like a, dare I say it, troll.....

1 - 20 of 80 Posts