HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because I'm sick of my Para Companion letting me down. Don't get me wrong. I like the pistol, but man is that thing finicky. Was shooting it this weekend and worked fine at 1st, but as you get a few clips run through it, it gets more and more troublesome. Towards the end of my session, I was getting stove pipes,
failure to ejects, or both at once. Don't get me wrong. I like 1911's, but can see why the military left them for more reliable platforms.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Get the HK45. Its modeled after the 1911, but holds more rounds and you can bury it in the mud.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Get the HK45. Its modeled after the 1911, but holds more rounds and you can bury it in the mud.
Hopefully not on purpose lol. The HK45 is kind of edging in front but mostly because the other seems to be pretty hard to find anywhere. But after seeing this guy's thread
http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handgun-talk/158273-update-my-hk45c-pics.html the other day, kind of makes me want the tactical version. I been like a popcorn fart in
the wind trying to decide which gun to get,lol.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
HK is the way! lol, if you want something highly reliable. Then look no more, HK it is.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Hopefully not on purpose lol. The HK45 is kind of edging in front but mostly because the other seems to be pretty hard to find anywhere. But after seeing this guy's thread
http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handgun-talk/158273-update-my-hk45c-pics.html the other day, kind of makes me want the tactical version. I been like a popcorn fart in
the wind trying to decide which gun to get,lol.
you and I have similar tastes because I am picking up my HK45 ct in 1 week. I might have line on one for you:)

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
The HK 45 is as easy to shoot as a 1911. I have several 1911s, and I really enjoy the platform. I own two HK45s. I have found the SA as good as most out of the box 1911s, and the accuracy of the HK45 on par with any 1911 I have shot with the exception of the semi customs; I have an Ed Brown that is truely a pleasure to shoot. The ergonomics too of the HK45 are superb. It is a very personable shooting piece.

If the HK45 came with a decent DA pull, it might just be the perfect DA/SA handgun.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Here's a list of why you NEED and HK:
1) because 1911s were state-of-the-art...in WW2...
2) because German Engineering is second to none
3) because this site will never let you down...
4)because HKs hold their value
5) because Glock Fanboys just suck

Welcome to the Asylum...lock up the credit cards and hide the loose cash!

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Welcome to the Asylum...lock up the credit cards and hide the loose cash!
Credit cards and loose cash?! WHERE?!

But seriously these guns are an addiction and I'm not kidding at all. You start forgetting other manufacturers even exist....

I'd go with the HK45 first as its just an awesome handgun and your transition to HK's will probably be easier with an ergonomic fullsize like that. But in all honestly whichever you buy first youll probably have the other within 6 months.

Guys have come on this forum with their first post being how they bought their first HK. Three months later they have 3...

Welcome to the dark side

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
1) because 1911s were state-of-the-art...in WW2...
Saying "were" is implying that the 1911 platform isn't state of the art anymore. 100 years of service speaks for itself... That's like saying the P7 and the USP was state of the art. These handguns were some of the best crafted and still are some of the best ever crafted. Until we start shooting lasers these platforms will always be state of the art no matter what the time era.

·
Registered
854 Posts
the 1911 had its century...Its a piece of american history...history is the word...its like Harley Davidson motorcycles--I do not see the allure to owning an antique....

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hey wait a minute! I own both “antiques”: 2007 Road King and a couple of 1911s!

But for self-defense side arms – both home and away - it’s my H&Ks.

My first H&K pistol was the HK45, then I bought the HK45C and finally, the P2000SK .40 LEM.

It’s been almost two years since I bought my P2000SK and I still haven’t looked at or even thought about buying other self-defense pistols since. They all just “work” for me.

But I do still enjoy shooting a 1911 or a .357/.44 Magnum revolver…packed and transported in the saddlebags of my "antique", of course…:wink:

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Dobe - I bet that Ed Brown 1911 is an unbelievable shooter and a work of art. I love my HK.45 It is my favorite pistol by far. I have it set up as Light LEM and the DA pull is awesome and crisp.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey wait a minute! I own both “antiques”: 2007 Road King and a couple of 1911s!

But for self-defense side arms – both home and away - it’s my H&Ks.

My first H&K pistol was the HK45, then I bought the HK45C and finally, the P2000SK .40 LEM.

It’s been almost two years since I bought my P2000SK and I still haven’t looked at or even thought about buying other self-defense pistols since. They all just “work” for me.

But I do still enjoy shooting a 1911 or a .357/.44 Magnum revolver…packed and transported in the saddlebags of my "antique", of course…:wink:
I have a few antiques that are a joy to shoot and own...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts