HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well??? I dont see any SIG gear being offered in Blackwater's proshop only HK...so why havent I seen a Blackwater USP or P2000 or whatnot? The Blackwater SIG lookgs pretty damn cool with that nice blackwater logo on it hehe.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I don't think I have ever seen one, nor I think they even made one. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. You can always use the example of the 226 to customize your own HK

·
Registered
123 Posts
Personally, I think it's a good thing that HK does not have one. I can't stand all those "limited edition" models that sig has been putting out lately – i.e. blackwater, "homeland security", navy, etc. It's just so gimmicky and lame IMO. I'd rather see HK focus on engineering and product development than try to come up with silly marketing ploys.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know they didnt make one, Im just curious as to why. They sell the HK clothes, they teach the armorers course, I would think the next step was to pair up with HK and do the same thing they did with the SIG 226. Im just wondering why it never happened. Maybe its easier to do with SIG since they are both in the USA?

·
Premium Member
1,047 Posts
I think it's because Blackwater was founded by former SEALs and the issue SEAL handgun (even for staff officers) is the SIG P226.

·
Registered
42 Posts
HK does not need to add any cool factor on their pistols, be it a different logo or additional accesories, to substitute their craftsmanship and QC. Instead, HK puts the best possible metarial in their products which is crafted with maximum possible attention to detail in production grade service pistols.
Best.

L

·
0 Posts
its just marketing tactics

see when HK comes out with a new pistol, they go the full distance. when sig comes out with a new (or improves a current) pistol, its a new finish, fancy logo and 200 dollar markup. then its "oh my god I must have that for my tactical collection"

·
Registered
217 Posts
..........because HK does not want to give Blackwater a cut of the special edition profits. It doesn't do anything other than making it a special edition. Speaking of that, Beretta 92 is the most well known for special editions. :D

·
Registered
802 Posts
HK has put out limited edition guns like the Jubilee.

I'm sure if you want to order 500 guns, they'll do a limited edition batch for you. Heck there are AR manufacturer that will put on any logo on the receivers for a small fee, or you can even create your own lower if you have a manufacturing license.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Me ex works for Blackwater, so I took a look at the SIG Blackwater edition. The custom grips are beautiful...and the Blackwater emblem is pretty cool. But I wasn't about to drop $1K on it especially since SIGs are too big for my hands. I think my stainless H&Ks are too pretty to need any special edition grips ;)

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Me ex works for Blackwater, so I took a look at the SIG Blackwater edition. The custom grips are beautiful...and the Blackwater emblem is pretty cool. But I wasn't about to drop $1K on it especially since SIGs are too big for my hands. I think my stainless H&Ks are too pretty to need any special edition grips ;)
[rant]If you still talk to him...tell them to update their damn training schedule for 2008 and I need to schedule a few courses! [/rant]

I just like that nifty blackwater logo on the sigs....that looks cool, I know its just looks but I would be thrilled to have that blackwater logo on my usp grip rather than the USP....call me a blasphemist....Im sure someone will try and tar and feather me for that comment.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I only saw BW guys with glocks in Baghdad, but I know that they had a few Hk pistols with suppressors around 2004-05. These were not commonly issued. I know, because one guy wanted to buy all my spare .45 ammo since it was hard to get in country.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I only saw BW guys with glocks in Baghdad, but I know that they had a few Hk pistols with suppressors around 2004-05. These were not commonly issued. I know, because one guy wanted to buy all my spare .45 ammo since it was hard to get in country.
Cost factor. The blackwater SIGs dont actually go to blackwater contractors, they are for civilians who like blackwater and have some spare pocket change. Since the gun is marketed by SIG I doubt a blackwater employee would even get a discount...

·
Registered
449 Posts
1. Seals use SIG's. Blackwater is a Seal based business.

2. HK does not need Blackwater's input to improve their weapons.

JPG

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1. Seals use SIG's. Blackwater is a Seal based business.

2. HK does not need Blackwater's input to improve their weapons.

JPG
Sig didnt actually improve the 226 either. They just added some neat sights and a few extra mags. I just like the logo lol

·
Registered
19 Posts
Having handled the Blackwater, I think the grips look nice, but they have the same issue as the Elite grips - too thick and slick, for me at least.

I also don't get how some of you can actually think that HK makes a superior product to SIG. I guess some snobbery is to be expected on a HK forum, but I think there might be just a bit too much Kool-aid going around.

HK makes an outstanding polymer product. The P7 is the crowning achievement to their metal designs. But to try to say that a P2000 or USP is superior to a P220, P226, or a P229 - you'd have to be on HK koolaid crack.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Having handled the Blackwater, I think the grips look nice, but they have the same issue as the Elite grips - too thick and slick, for me at least.

I also don't get how some of you can actually think that HK makes a superior product to SIG. I guess some snobbery is to be expected on a HK forum, but I think there might be just a bit too much Kool-aid going around.

HK makes an outstanding polymer product. The P7 is the crowning achievement to their metal designs. But to try to say that a P2000 or USP is superior to a P220, P226, or a P229 - you'd have to be on HK koolaid crack.
Actually for many on here, SIG is the only manufacturer they consider on par with HK, although there has been quite a lot of concern since SIGSUAR opened SIGARMS and the QC seems to be more of an issue now that they are made in the US than it ever was when they were manufactured overseas. Don't fool yourself either, there is plenty of SIG snobbery to go around...you just happen to be on an HK board...try SIG forums sometime and you will see what I mean.

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
Had 2 Sig's, not as reliable, accurate, or high as quality as my USP's, those 2 got sold. FNP series is more reliable than the Sig, just as high quality, and more accurate at 1/2 the price of a Sig. FN will get some of my money.
Anyone trying to sell me a Sig over an FNP is drinking electric kool-aid.

Colt, the grandfather of all modern auto pistols has made a tradition of making commemorative 1911 pistols for groups of military, military campaigns, and LEO where the 1911 was featured...they are the King of Special Edition pistols.

Make mine a H&K, Colt, STI, FN, or CZ!

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
I also don't get how some of you can actually think that HK makes a superior product to SIG.
Its real easy; SIG has had some serious QC issues over the past few years. Example abound on the various forums, but I'll just confine my remarks to the 70+ P226Rs my agency had to return due to mis-machined frames; that had "Frame made in Germany" stamped on them. The SIG kool-aid drinker's refrain that its all a SIGARMS (USA) problem- the lack of QC, that is- is plainly inaccurate.

And I carried a SIG back when they WERE at the top of the heap. Even then, I had to pay close attention to the grip screws, since they rust while you watch, and back out and go away when you're NOT looking.

I could continue, but don't bother accusing me of being an HK kool-aid drinker.

I have extensive experience with both makes. The definition of the word "superior" can be what you make it; but in my experience, SIGs have issues just not seen with HKs.

YMMV...

·
Registered
230 Posts
Well, I think the reason why we hear more about QC and issue with SIG pistol(when compare to H&K) is mainly because, SIG guns are more widely use and more wide spread than H&K pistols. How many LE out there use H&K as their official pistol?

I'm just curious

1 - 20 of 40 Posts