HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
Maybe two people wanted it and it became a "you wont out bid me" thing. Other than that maybe ignorance!

·
Registered
866 Posts
I have no clue. The only thing I see different is that is has Heinie sights and not the stock adjustable. I didn't see a starting bid. I have been seeing this lately, people trying top get double or triple out of guns, even Hk, that IMO are not valued at the outrageous prices.

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Nice pictures do a lot to sell a gun. I'm not sure what new tacticals are selling for with the plastic clamshell case, but the tactical case with cleaning kit, and heinie sights add about $350 - $400 to the cost of the gun. That in my book should bring the gun into the $1,400 range max.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Its a used Tactical, I dont think its worth any more than $950 - a fool and his money are soon parted. I do see a USP .45 on this board asking $700 more than its worth...some sellers think we are dummys and dont know what these pieces are really worth??

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
Its a used Tactical, I dont think its worth any more than $950 - a fool and his money are soon parted. I do see a USP .45 on this board asking $700 more than its worth...some sellers think we are dummys and dont know what these pieces are really worth??
I agree on both points.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Maybe two people wanted it and it became a "you wont out bid me" thing. Other than that maybe ignorance!
Agreed. Seller is sure a damn good photographer lol

·
Registered
539 Posts
WOW I just gave $800.00 for one less than a month ago but mine was used but like new

·
Registered
275 Posts
That's insane! I wonder if the buyer thinks he's getting a Mk23...?

I ordered a NEW mark 23 for just a little more delivered out the door!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Jack the dog is a great seller and whoever photographs his guns does a great job. I bought a pre war Colt Government Model off of him that I was very happy with.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
It's the bidders who drove the price up to that ridiculous number, not the seller. I've seen reloading equipment bid up on Ebay for more than you could buy it brand-new for. People get emotional, and take it personally when someone outbids them. They have to "win" at all costs, or their ego takes a hit. Thing is, many of these types of "winning bids" never get consumated. The bidder bids the price up as high as it takes to "win" the battle, but then never actually buys the item.

If the "buyer" actually pays $1,820 for that pistol (I'd be surprised), then great for the savvy seller, but chances are high that the "buyer" will never consummate this deal.

All of that having been said, that's a beautiful Tactical. Never been partial to Heinie sights before, but those look really good.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It's situations like this that are starting to devalue Gunbroker in my eyes. It gets old when the same guy lists the same used pistol, at the same 50% premium over its market value, over and over and over. Its tiresome to wade through listing after listing when that is the situation.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Like was said before. Im sure Jack the Dog has nothing to do with this auction going this way. He sells a lot of guns and some that bring a lot more money than a USP 45 Tac. If he was going to inflate some prices you would see it on some of his other more collectible firearms. No telling what the reasoning is behind the high price of it, only the lucky buyer knows. Jack the Dog only sells on Auctionarms that i am aware of. Top notch seller.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts