HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone know why HK has not submitted the P30 to the Department of Justice for sale in California?

In a recent post someone said that the HK45 doesn't have a "magazine disconnect." Is this the same as the P30?

·
Premium Member
2,606 Posts
Just a guess but I don't think HK makes a ten round mag for them.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Since 1 January 2007, any handgun newly submitted for testing must have both an approved loaded chamber indicator and a magazine disconnecter. I'm not sure, but I suspect that the P30 may have the loaded chamber indicator. I doubt, however, that it as the magazine disconnecter.

·
Registered
886 Posts
California is trying to legislate guns out of existence and are doing a pretty good job of it. I'd have to sell half my guns in order to move back. That isn't going to happen.

·
Registered
239 Posts
HK has to give CA two guns and pay upwards of almost $1000 for a two year permit to sell each model in this state. Probably the same reason they don't offer a .357 chambering in the P2000 models, but do in the 40 and 9mm. The P30 is still new, they may have not got on board, things just take longer here. I agree the laws are assinine, they were meant to legislate Saturday night special cheap throw-aways out of existence and get them off gun store shelves, it's worked. No need to subject most other modern high quality handguns, say those costing more than $400 to this same battery of tests.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Any handgun that was not submitted to the state of CA for "safety" testing before January 1, 2007 must have the basic features of a loaded chamber indicator and a magazine disconnect safety in order to pass the new safety testing requirements.

All other pistols submitted for testing before then are grandfathered in.

The P30 did not exist on January 1 2007.

The P30 does have a loaded chamber indicator but does not have a magazine disconnect safety.

I read a post on here with a reply from an HK representative that they are unable to engineer a magazine disconnect safety into the present P30 or HK45 design (and I would take that as they will NOT be doing it either).

HK does not have 10 rd magazines available right now but will have them because NY, MA and a few other states do not allow over 10 but do not have any requirements for magazine disconnects, making the P30 otherwise legal to sell there and I'm sure HK will accomodate them.

If you move to CA from out of state you can bring your P30 with you but must register it with the state after moving. You may not bring your 15rd mags with it.

You can do a private party transfer with someone in CA if you wish to sell it and that is one of the only two ways I know of to get a P30 legally in CA.

The other is if a CA police officer buys a P30 privately (they are exempt from these "safety" requirements because they are so much safer with firearms) and then does a private party transfer.

But look at the weather! :830:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts