HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now while I have quite a bit of ammo stored up as well as a progressive reloading press (Dillion 650) with the cost of ammo and reloading components getting more and more expensive, it's just getting harder to shoot the centerfire calibers anymore. :( In many cases, there are .22 clones and conversion kits out there like the MP-5SD (I love this little rifle), CMMG's AR coversions, Advantage Arms has pretty well taken care of Glocks, various 1911 conversion kits or clones, Sig has conversions as does even CZ have conversion kits for their CZ-75 and so on but there is nothing out there for USP shooters. I would love to get a conversion kit for my USP-40C or even my USP-45T but the only thing I come across doing a search here is an overpriced model in Germany that comes wtih no magazines so that's not helping at all either! I would think that if I was working at H&K, seeing the success of the .22 conversions and how well they sell (hey, they did sell me a MP-5 so they should know this sort of thing sells) I would be burning the midnight oil to come up with .22 conversion kits for my products. Am I alone in feeling that this is an untapped market for H&K to make some pretty good sales to shooters that want to keep their ammunition prices down?

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
If I had to guess, I would say because HKs primary market is Military. They would have no use for such a thing and they aren't going to develope that product strictly for a civilian market.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts

·
Registered
4,329 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
HK treats civilian market development like an afterthought...we get the scraps leftover after the government contracts get the royal treatment...

And as far as I am convinced the 22LR conversions for Glock owners are not sanctioned by Glock therefore they had nothing to do with their development--ie we should start a thread on get EVERYONE who would buy a conversion for a USPc for example and submit it when it has a good number of interested members to a development company--

HK could care less...but I imagine demonstrating that money is ready to be made that SOMEBODY will be bound to get it off the ground....

·
Registered
2,067 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,

I ordered my F22 system in Mai and it will hopefully arrive this weekend. Yesterday I talked to my dealer about the looong delivery time. He told me that the manufacturer (which is not H&K) is producing very little series of conversion systems for several firearms. The capacity is very limited and no piece will be produced for stock. I will report first impressions soon.

After all, the price is ridiculous 990 € and the spare magazine 149 € seems more like a street robbery. Nevertheless the restrictive regulations here in Germany made this an reasonable option for me.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I would be completely in board with resurrecting a project to build a .22LR conversion kit as long as one would be available to fit a USP45 frame. I'll pledge, let's say, $300 to buy a kit if we can find somebody who might be interested in building them, does that sound reasonable?

·
Registered
143 Posts
I would be completely in board with resurrecting a project to build a .22LR conversion kit as long as one would be available to fit a USP45 frame. I'll pledge, let's say, $300 to buy a kit if we can find somebody who might be interested in building them, does that sound reasonable?
I would pay $300 to buy a conversion kit for my USP 45 or USPc 45.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Hello,

I ordered my F22 system in Mai and it will hopefully arrive this weekend. Yesterday I talked to my dealer about the looong delivery time. He told me that the manufacturer (which is not H&K) is producing very little series of conversion systems for several firearms. The capacity is very limited and no piece will be produced for stock. I will report first impressions soon.

After all, the price is ridiculous 990 € and the spare magazine 149 € seems more like a street robbery. Nevertheless the restrictive regulations here in Germany made this an reasonable option for me.
I am interested in hearing your feedback and thoughts on the F22.

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
I would pay $300 to buy a conversion kit for my USP 45 or USPc 45.
Based on the numbers of kits they could sell I'm not sure it could be done for $300. The Glock conversion kit costs almost that much and we know how much bigger the Glock civilian market is than HK's.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts