HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How come H&K never made the SP89 or MP5KPDW in .45 caliber? I think that would have been fun. ( Of course it would have been a lot more fun in .44 Magnum).

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Could not agree more. I have a clone .45 PDW and there is no wonder many would like to ban it. It is more fun than should be legal.
When I bought this clone I could have bought anything I wanted, but I wanted a .45, not a 9mm or a .40 or a 10 mm. I wanted a .45 and by God I was going to have a .45. While the HK is no question a better made firearm, this clone has given me everything I was wanting and it gave it to me in .45 ACP.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
How come H&K never made the SP89 or MP5KPDW in .45 caliber? I think that would have been fun. ( Of course it would have been a lot more fun in .44 Magnum).
Probably because no Military, Govt. or LE Agency wanted one, or was willing to pay HK enough to build one (see FBI with 10mm)

·
Registered
390 Posts
I would think they never made a MP5k in .45 beacuse it is not as controllable as 9mm.

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
At the time SP-89s were available from HK, there was a rumor that HK was thinking about making the SP-89 in 40 cal. I so much wanted one. Hummm, I wonder what a good HK smith could make from MP5 40 cal parts?

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Fleming converted a few SP89s to .45. I'm sure that at least one is owned by an HKPRO member. They post a pic of it every so often.

·
Premium Member
1,287 Posts
MP-5 in .45

When I went through the MP-5 armorers course, several years ago, I was told they would not make an MP-5 in .45 cal because of problems to feed with the design. They designed a 10mm for the FBI and a Navy trigger group for the Navy with more moving parts than HK cared for but were payed to develop these for the specific agencies. HK was aware that the .45 was a popular caliber so as always they come through with the UMP.

·
Premium Member
3,869 Posts
yes but Flemming did convert some HK94's to .45acp, I don't know about SP89's though?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts