HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked through he 20 or 30 pages of ""show me your USP" pages, saw a lot of SS slides, not a one with red paint or even black paint, not evn on the grips.
is this Tabooor something? Hoping to pick my 40 Full SS slide tomorrow.
Thought I wanted to paint the HK on the slide and grips red and the rest of the letering on the slide black, unfortunatly I ave no idea what it wil look like.

any advise?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hmmm

I would personally never paint letters or use crayons on the slide/grip but... check out the "painting letters" sticky at the top for ideas...

·
Registered
381 Posts
I dont like the looks of it myself. To each their own.

·
Premium Member
2,154 Posts
I also think the lettering looks "Tacky" in colors. I wish my 41 wasn't done. But hey, I like plain musclecars also.

·
Registered
569 Posts
It's a good way to make something of quality look like a Honda street racer.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I think I'm going to hook up my new USP Elite with my niece's Bedazzler :p

Wouldn't that be a sight. Although I'm sure if anyone ever did that they'd be immediately ostracized by the board.

·
Registered
173 Posts
i can only speak for myself but part of what i like about my compact stainless
is its clean look i think painting would take somthing away from it.
just my thoughts.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I will say I tried the red and white on my P2000sk and hated it. But the black crayon on my stainless is subtle enough for me to like.

I've been meaning to take the silver out of the black frame, but just never really got around to doing it.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
I have done my fair share of painting and ended up removing all of it unless it was to separate mags with US parts from mags with non US parts for the PTR 91. I filled in the letters on a stainless compact and like the others said, it make it look like crap IMO so off it came. Everyone has different likes but painted letters on a gun like HKs just don't do it for me. Now, some gold filling, real gold filling not fake painted on colors, in a high grade quality rifle so long as it is not over done is quite a different story. Again, to each his or her own. I love engraving and gold on many firearms, but on certain guns it just does not fit. Gold filling and Bolino engraving on a fine double rifle really trips my trigger. Gold plating, ivory grips, and engraving on the MP5, "yuck" comes to mind.

Interesting:

Laughably ugly:

Work of art:

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
I will say I tried the red and white on my P2000sk and hated it. But the black crayon on my stainless is subtle enough for me to like.
+1 on that. I had the black on stainless on my old Glock 29, and now on my USP SS. In fact, mine looks almost exactly like Mav's (just a few SN digits off). IMO, it is best to stay away from colors on a stainless gun.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts