HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering why the wonderful USPCompact 40 never got an optional two stage spring recoil buffer thst has worked so well on most of the other HK pistols? It seems like it wouldn’t be that hard to fo… and even SK line weapons use them….

·
Registered
59 Posts
Well let us count the ways...

1. Cheaper
2. Simpler
3. No room
4. Glock doesn't have it in theirs
5. Because we say you don't need it

·
Registered
"The Fraternal Twins"
349 Posts
I have two Compacts & wondered the same myself..
They went with the flat wire spring & the buffer instead..
The original full size USPs have the locking block spring loaded which IMO hasn't been improved on in 30 years which was designed for the 40 S&W USP Full Size & then the MK23..

·
Registered
5,508 Posts
IIRC Recoil Reduction System is in following H&K
*Mark23
*Full size USP - All Calibers
*P2000SK - All Calibers
*P30SK - All Calibers
(Not sure about the VP Series pistols)

·
Registered
605 Posts
IIRC Recoil Reduction System is in following H&K
*Mark23
*Full size USP - All Calibers
*P2000SK - All Calibers
*P30SK - All Calibers
(Not sure about the VP Series pistols)
The VP9sk also uses the dual-spring system... And it works exceptionally well in that platform.

·
Registered
5,508 Posts
The VP9sk also uses the dual-spring system... And it works exceptionally well in that platform.
My younger brother bought a VP9SK for a first pistol (I helped him decide what HK pistol to buy), he really like's it! =)

·
Registered
30 Posts
It already has two stage spring, well they say the 2 spring setup is the USP's tragic flaw...lighter spring, but there are some sources of confusion why.

·
Registered
5,508 Posts
...well they say the 2 spring setup is the USP's tragic flaw...lighter spring...
Whoever 'they' are/is could NOT be more wrong, actually the Recoil Reduction System does it's job remarkably well, it's the heart of those H&K pistols that use it, and allows those H&K pistols to achieve extraordinarily high round counts with less wear than would normally be present without the Recoil Reduction System

Reactions: SRTNITRO

·
Registered
239 Posts
Whoever 'they' are/is could NOT be more wrong, actually the Recoil Reduction System does it's job remarkably well, it's the heart of those H&K pistols that use it, and allows those H&K pistols to achieve extraordinarily high round counts with less wear than would normally be present without the Recoil Reduction System
While it does work for wear and "felt" recoil reduction, there are some that believe that the 2 stage recoil feel makes shooting fast more difficult. I believe Bruce from Gray Guns was one of them. It's kinda felt weird to me as well, but I'm not sure if I shoot at a level where it's a detriment yet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts