HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,507 Posts
A few short years ago the P30 was the ignored gun and P2k was everywhere. They all come and go. P30 and HK45 are the newer releases and much like the Iphone, everyone has to have and talk about the newest thing. I remember when the P30 first came out, I ckecked one out at the LGS. Was VERY impressed with the feel of the gun and wanted one. Came here to have a look see, found nearly zip about it, barely a post anywhere. I guess nobody had had a chance to try it out at the time.
I love my P2000, much like I loved my first. And it uses USPc mags, an advantage over the P30 IMHO.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I used to own one...in .40.

Very versatile...small enough to conceal (smooth grips)...yet big enough to feel good at the range or HD.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
In my opinion the P2000 is a jack of all trades but master of none type gun. It's small enough to conceal...but there are others that do it better. It has a decent capacity for home defense...but others do it better. I think the P2000 is the ideal gun for the person who can only have one gun, because it is versatile enough to fill multiple roles. But if you have the ability to have multiple guns, there is always something better at doing what you want it to do than the P2000. All that being said...I love mine.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Same size as a p30 with less capacity. As Liz Lemon would say.....

·
Registered
821 Posts
The SK handles recoil better, in my opinion, due to the recoil assembly.
Yeah, I'm in agreement with ya. It's even better for me when I add an extended mag.
I also prefer the balance of the sk.

Both are great guns no doubt.

·
Registered
205 Posts
It's my favorite gun of all so there's not much else to say. It basically has the grip of the hk45c which most people love and it's size is the second smallest hk offers at the moment with a perfect sized grip. I like it for cc and the range.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Out of all my pistols, I love it the most. Was my first HK but not my first pistol. It's not too big, not too small. It's juuussst right!

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have been looking for a used P2000 9mm LEM to purchase on this forum for months. Not one has come up for sale.

HK45 @ USP 45 are offered every day all day long. I assume every one loves them because none are ever for sale.

If you have one you want to part with holler at me.

Lt Dan

·
Registered
253 Posts
I love my P2000 LEM. It is my carry gun and nightstand gun. And I have others I can use for either.

Don't know of a more versatile gun.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I love my P-2000 V3 and probably only shot 50 rounds or less in it but, sadly I am going to sell it so I can by a hammerless gun like my P7.
Don't know what it is but I knda have grown to like hammerless guns like the m&p allthough I hate Glocks.

·
Banned
188 Posts
I would love to get a P2000. I love the USP compact and I'm sure I'd love a P2000 even more.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Not true.
go to hk's website, you are actually right the p2000 is overall longer, is a tad bit shorter in height and has a shorter sight radius. I really dont see why they continue making it. The only positive I see over the p30(and this isnt a problem for me considering I use a xbreed supertuck), is the grip texture is smoother for carry.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I shot my SK for the 1st time last week. What a sweet shooter!

I am trying to make this the EDC for my wife. If I can get her into EDC with it, I am going to get another for myself to alternate with my HK45C.

·
Registered
56 Posts
go to hk's website, you are actually right the p2000 is overall longer, is a tad bit shorter in height and has a shorter sight radius. I really dont see why they continue making it. The only positive I see over the p30(and this isnt a problem for me considering I use a xbreed supertuck), is the grip texture is smoother for carry.
I don't know where your info comes from (certainly not the HK website I'm looking at), but the P2000 is smaller and lighter than the P30 in every attribute...the only sacrifice is 1 or 2 rounds depending upon caliber, which is an acceptable trade-off for a carry pistol IMO. Another advantage of the P2000 IMO is that it's available in .357Sig, while the P30 is not (...strange that no one has introduced a suitable drop in barrel in .357Sig for the P30).

I own both the P30 V2 in .40S&W, and the P2000 V2 in .357Sig. The P30 is a range pistol, and the P2000 is my EDC. While similar and I can carry either with the same holster (I have a MTAC for the P30 that fits both), they are distinctly different IMO and I happen to shoot my P2000 better than my P30, so it's my choice for EDC.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Same size as a p30 with less capacity.
The P2000 overall length is 6.81 while the P30 is 6.95. Barrel length on the P2000 is 3.66 while the P30 is 3.85. Weight on 2000 is 1.55lb while the 30 is 1.63lb. So in essence your statement is 100% false.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts