HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious why HK has abandoned the USP variant that was most successful on the USP in their new designs. Everything I have read indicates that the USP Variant 1 was the most sold variant, yet in their newer designs, the P2000 & P30 series it isn't an option. Not only is that specific variant not available, but as far as I can tell you can't even get a manual safety on the P2000 or P30.

the question is why? Clearly many HK buyers liked having the safety otherwise they would have bought a different variant. Why force those who like this setup into something else? And don't make the argument that they should just buy the USP, because there is clearly other benefits to the P2000 and the P30.

Thanks.

·
Registered
62 Posts
People bought that variant because that was what was on the shelf. I'm still working on getting around to changing mine to a V3.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I recently decided to go with the USPc .40 Variant 7 (DAO, LEM, No Safety) route and have the trigger lightened. I originally wanted the Variant 5 (DAO w/Safety) and a 5# trigger, but costs, availability and wait were way more than the Varient 7. I'm guessing you should probably put up a poll of who likes having a safety or not.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts