HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im just wondering why HK decided to name it Mark 23, were Mark 1 - 22 taken? I have never heard of another HK Pistol being named Mark anything, so why 23?

·
Registered
149 Posts
That's a SOCOM secret.
If they told you...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Well, my guess would be that "Extended & Threaded Barreled USP With Separate Silent Decocker That Uses Magazines That Won't Work In Other USPs But Has A Better Trigger and Slightly Taller Sights" (ETBUWSSDTUMTWWIOUBHBTSTS) was too long and just didn't sound very good.

:p

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, my guess would be that "Extended & Threaded Barreled USP With Separate Silent Decocker That Uses Magazines That Won't Work In Other USPs But Has A Better Trigger and Slightly Taller Sights" (ETBUWSSDTUMTWWIOUBHBTSTS) was too long and just didn't sound very good.

LMAO :20:

·
Registered
560 Posts
I think it would have been cool if they had called it the USP-SOCOM or something. In keeping with the rest of their "USP_____" designations. Its similar enough that they probably could have done it.

USP
USP TACTICAL
USP EXPERT
USP ELITE
USP SOCOM?

haha I dunno just a thought

·
Registered
109 Posts
HK didn't name it, the US Navy gave it this designation.
And that is nothing unusual for HK guns....just look at the G3, MP5, P7, etc.

·
Registered
34,527 Posts
Coincided with serialization (i.e., 23-XXXX or 23-XXXXXX)?

Gocad correct- USN designated.

·
Registered
67 Posts

LMAO :20:
me also

·
Registered
802 Posts
The Navy didn't give it the Mk23 designation. It was US SOCOM, which controls all the special forces except for Uncle Sam's Misguided Children. Army and Air Force special forces can use the gun too.

·
Registered
34,527 Posts
The Navy didn't give it the Mk23 designation. It was US SOCOM, which controls all the special forces except for Uncle Sam's Misguided Children. Army and Air Force special forces can use the gun too.
You are correct- I stand corrected. I just always associate the MK23 with USN Seals.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Nevermind, I got it...took me a minute

1 - 13 of 13 Posts