HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in videos and pics it doesnt look like a huge amount of flash or muzzle climb . So why the muzzle breaks on 3 lug barrels when guys do SBR's of H&K 94/MP5's ?

·
Registered
264 Posts
In the f/a guns especially there can be fairly substantial flash. It's very hard to judge flash in daylight but it becomes quite evident after the lights go out. So for that reason and the ever present CDI factor you will continue to see flash hiders applied to the MP5 platform.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Are you referring to these?

They protect the 3-lug tip from getting banged up. If the 3-lug gets banged up you will have mounting issues when attacking a suppressor. I guess they add a little bit of weight to the muzzle and that helps with muzzle climb somewhat. They really do mitigate muzzle flash when shooting a burst in low light conditions. Plus they look cool.

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
in videos and pics it doesnt look like a huge amount of flash or muzzle climb . So why the muzzle breaks on 3 lug barrels when guys do SBR's of H&K 94/MP5's ?
None of my pistol caliber ones have muzzle breaks.

My rifle caliber ones generally have flash enhancers.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah ok , I will order one before my D54 arrives to protect the 3 lug so I can eventually run a supressor

·
Registered
961 Posts
Pointless add on IMHO. The last few I played with were so loose I think the would wear the 3 lug more than help. Again, my opinion but the lugs are fine exposed.....

·
Registered
155 Posts
I use one one the MP5A2 I shoot in subgun matches to protect the bbl from barraicades and such. Also, it looks cool. The factory FH on an HK 3-lug is a very good fit.

There are some that are cut to protect the Surefire light as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts