HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my wife shooting for her first time ever today. After shooting the AR for a bit, she shot my VP9 and then my (now her) P30L. After shooting the P30L (which is 4.1 lem with a light trs and short reset trigger) she didn't want to shoot the VP9 anymore. She put about 100 rounds through the P30L and apparently, she has a new firearm (Happy Valentines Day to her!). I should have known she would like the more expensive gun....as she says....what's hers is hers and what's mine is ours! And her shooting is as good as her taste in firearms....excellent. Here is a pic I caught with the VP9 brass in the air.

Cheers all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
474 Posts
My wife doesn´t like LEM, she prefer classic SA/DA (she is accustomed on SA/DA from her old PPK 7,65 Br) on her USP Compact with match springs and HK45c safety lever/mag lever + HiViz fiber optic red/green sights.
I also prefer P30L V4.1 far above VP9/SFP9 - striker is too impulsive in recoil and I don´t like strikers generally and of course slide release lever on VP9 is total stupid - too far back like for midgets and no option to change it for short or cut it down like on P30.
Change the TRS for medium - it will be better - you will see - faster more positive reset. Way better then light TRS. Medium TRS, light FPBS, nickel match sear spring and original blue 12lbs hammer spring is the best possible combination for V4.1 LEM ;-).

·
Premium Member
1,430 Posts
Most women do like an "L" model over a "C" model.............:wink:

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like my VP9 9mm for a striker gun.
But totally favor my P30 40 V1 Light LEM all the way :cool:
My P30 .40 is my favorite as well...that will stay mine!

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Most women do like an "L" model over a "C" model.............:wink:
Ha! I thought it was how well you shot that mattered most....

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My wife doesn´t like LEM, she prefer classic SA/DA (she is accustomed on SA/DA from her old PPK 7,65 Br) on her USP Compact with match springs and HK45c safety lever/mag lever + HiViz fiber optic red/green sights.
I also prefer P30L V4.1 far above VP9/SFP9 - striker is too impulsive in recoil and I don´t like strikers generally and of course slide release lever on VP9 is total stupid - too far back like for midgets and no option to change it for short or cut it down like on P30.
Change the TRS for medium - it will be better - you will see - faster more positive reset. Way better then light TRS. Medium TRS, light FPBS, nickel match sear spring and original blue 12lbs hammer spring is the best possible combination for V4.1 LEM ;-).
Actually just switched out the medium trs for the light as I like the lighter pull. With the short reset I never had an issue with the light trs. I have the nickel sear spring, light fpbs and a match hammer spring (can't remember the part #). It's an amazing trigger pull and has always been 100% reliable.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Always nice if your wife can join in the shooting fun!

·
Premium Member
3,086 Posts
Awesome. My fiancée bought a p30L a few years ago but never shot it. I felt bad for it so one day took it to shoot uspsa. That was 10 hks (and growing) ago.

·
Registered
143 Posts
The wife and I were supposed to go shooting some 9mm yesterday but it was raining really hard. We stayed home and made vegan chowder and baklava instead. I don't usually let the rain scare me off but I had been pitting four .45's against each other the day before so I didn't mind. She would have been shooting the P30L and Expert. Next time we go I am going to let her shoot a squeeze cocker. I would have to say that her favorite is probably the Ruger Flat top 10 shot .22lr. She is deadly accurate, likes the gunfighter grips, fiber optic sights, and lack of recoil.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts