HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new Hk MR 556 Upper with the Fixed front sight and Rear drum dioapler sights on it. Will my Aimpoint Comp M4s co-witness with these Hk Iron sights? My Aimpoint has the Standard one knob mount on it,the one that clicks when it is locked down. I Like the Hk Irons and hopefully I will not have to buy a set of different Irons so I can use my Aimpoint. Please advise. Thanks:wink:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Aimpoint M4s + LaRue LT659-HK = ABSOLUTE CO WITNESS with HK fixed front sight and rear diopter sight ;-)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info, I have one shipping from LaRue next week. This HK web-site has brought me more helpful info the past few months, than all I my Hk books I have collected over the years. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
On your CompM4S remove the two screws from the bottom of the sight. Take out the spacer and re assemble with the short screws. This should put the dot just a little bit above the front sight. Aimpoint uses the military night vision height on their optics and they set up with the dot a little above the front sight. LaRue uses a very precise definition of absolute co-witness, and lower 1/3. The HK height on the LaRue mount will put the irons precisely in the lower 1/3 of of the sight.

If you have any issues let me know. I am an Aimpoint Pro Staff for L/E.

·
Registered
166 Posts
On your CompM4S remove the two screws from the bottom of the sight. Take out the spacer and re assemble with the short screws. This should put the dot just a little bit above the front sight. Aimpoint uses the military night vision height on their optics and they set up with the dot a little above the front sight. LaRue uses a very precise definition of absolute co-witness, and lower 1/3. The HK height on the LaRue mount will put the irons precisely in the lower 1/3 of of the sight.

If you have any issues let me know. I am an Aimpoint Pro Staff for L/E.
Will this work the same way on a CompM4. Any difference from the CompM4S

·
Registered
166 Posts
Sorry, found it. They are the same.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Which 3x magnifier used...short or tall wrt Larue

HI. That's a great setup. What 3x did you use? How much extra weight versus the aimpoint T-1 and 3x? My choices are : T-1 with LaRue QD and 3x(short or tall), or Aimpoint M4s with LaRue LT659(modified as per this thread...Tks) and which 3x. Basically, would like to use the hk OEM irons if possible for co-witness. Help is greatly appreciated.
Sparrky :400:

·
Registered
158 Posts
HI. With respect to LaRue site, which M4s (med or tall) and which 3x (short or tall) to use HK OEM sights? The Larue site is OOS for T-1 ,HK and no definite in stock date. So decided, the M4s and 3x (short or tall wrt LaRue site).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts