HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a flawless running C93 (I know....small miracles) I would like to dress up and give it a smaller footprint. I was looking at the ATI Mp5 collapsible stock for its price and reputed quality, it doesn't make much since to put a $450+ HK stock on a $525 Clone...... Anyway, I am assuming the fit will be fine, but will the function be 100%?

Will there be issues with the buffer? If so, can the buffer be replaced?

Are there any other compatability issues I am missing?

I am assuming the the length of pull will be a bit shorter but I'm ok with that as I intend to put a vertical front grip on it anyway.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated, Thanks.

·
Registered
346 Posts
It will work if you have a buffered carrier, which it should. The extended length is about the same as a 93 A3 stock would be, it just doesn't collapse as far as the 93 A3 stock would.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It will work if you have a buffered carrier, which it should. The extended length is about the same as a 93 A3 stock would be, it just doesn't collapse as far as the 93 A3 stock would.
How do I tell if it has the buffered carrier??

Will the stock lock up in the collapsed position?

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
How do I tell if it has the buffered carrier??

Will the stock lock up in the collapsed position?
All of the C93s are made from Mayalsian parts kits and have full auto buffered carriers.

I was also wondering about using one of these stocks on a 93 clone. I was concerned that the plastic end cap would not be strong enough for the recoil of 5.56x45. If I was going to use one of these stocks would if be wise to cut a piece of sheet metal and place it in the end cap for the buffered carrier to impact?

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
:730: THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICS :730:

·
Registered
6,409 Posts
Some MP5 stocks have an H buffer in them. If you run them on a 93/33/53 gun with a buffered carrier, the buffer on the carrier could tear up the H buffer on the right side. It still might work fine, but you'll have to let the little pieces out of the end of the gun.

·
Registered
346 Posts
The plastic endcap isn't structural, it is just a cover. The buffer contacts steel. The H buffer is easily removed and not used with the buffered carrier. The stock locks up open and closed on a C93 just fine.

·
Registered
6,409 Posts
The plastic endcap isn't structural, it is just a cover. The buffer contacts steel. The H buffer is easily removed and not used with the buffered carrier. The stock locks up open and closed on a C93 just fine.
Well on some anyway. My HK 33 A3 stock won't work on my C93 or my V93. They both have round rail slots. Well the V93 does anyway, and the C93 is out of spec just enough to keep it from working worth a damn on it.

But not to worry. I got that stock to use on my V53 and it works great on it. The V53 is an earlier one with properly squared rail slots and to spec, so it works just fine.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Thank you very much that is the info I needed! :wink: The rails on my 93 clone are properly squared up so I think it should fit.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, it definitely does have a buffered carrier so I'll give it a shot and get some pics up when I get it all together.

Has anyone had any luck mounting a short picatinny rail to the C93 forend?

I just want to put a vertical grip on it and buying the PTR carbine picatinny tri-rail for $170 is a little much for such a simple task.....

·
Premium Member
1,217 Posts
I have had two of those ATI stocks and either one wouldn't fit on any of my HK's. I modified one of them, had to open the pin hole. Anybody get those and they just fit correctly on a HK gun?

·
Registered
6,409 Posts
I have had two of those ATI stocks and either one wouldn't fit on any of my HK's. I modified one of them, had to open the pin hole. Anybody get those and they just fit correctly on a HK gun?
Mine fits on my HK94 just fine.

·
Premium Member
1,217 Posts
Good to know there are some out there, I guess I should have sent my second one back also.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts