HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the range for the first time in ages, finally got a hour or so away from work so I took my UMP/USC out. As I was shooting from 50 yards I realized how much I didn't like my red dot. The front sight is in the way and I really don't want to take the front sight off. Does anyone have suggestions for a good reddot that would cowitness with the USC? I had an eotech and sold it in favor for the Jpoint (current reddot) which is similar to a doctor optic/trijicon. When I had both I preferred the jpoint, however I really am considering going back to just iron sights for this cause the dot is distracting when it is being covered by the top of the front sight. I know longduck has the zeiss but I don't think that ones cowittesses either? Another problem might be the fact that my Jpoint is a 8moa dot if I remember correctly. At 50 yards the red dot pretty much covers the innermost circle of the target, or a 6 inch area. Anyone with aimpoints or other reddot gems care to chime in?

·
Registered
886 Posts
I have always used the factory sights on my USC and in fact prefer the aperture sight at 50 yards. It groups quite nicely as is. This afternoon I was popping 3" and 5.5" shoot 'n' see targets at 50 yards and having a good old time. Being over 50 I'm sorry to say I was shooting from the bench rather than standing. The eyes aren't what they used to be and the hands not quite as steady. Too much clean living in my younger years. From a standing position I have no problem placing solid center of mass hits on human silhouettes at 50 yards. I have a top rail on my gun, but quite honestly have never used it. The gun in inherently accurate in the right hands. I'm still working on the rights hands aspect of it all. ;-) The USC is a pleasure to shoot.

·
Premium Member
3,711 Posts
Went to the range for the first time in ages, finally got a hour or so away from work so I took my UMP/USC out. As I was shooting from 50 yards I realized how much I didn't like my red dot. The front sight is in the way and I really don't want to take the front sight off. Does anyone have suggestions for a good reddot that would cowitness with the USC? I had an eotech and sold it in favor for the Jpoint (current reddot) which is similar to a doctor optic/trijicon. When I had both I preferred the jpoint, however I really am considering going back to just iron sights for this cause the dot is distracting when it is being covered by the top of the front sight. I know longduck has the zeiss but I don't think that ones cowittesses either? Another problem might be the fact that my Jpoint is a 8moa dot if I remember correctly. At 50 yards the red dot pretty much covers the innermost circle of the target, or a 6 inch area. Anyone with aimpoints or other reddot gems care to chime in?
The red dot on my Zeiss Z-Point on top of my USC hovers just above the top of the front sight post. I'd say mine cowitnesses.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Aimpoints will and so will the lowly Tasco Pro-point II. The secret on these two is to use extra low rings that set that optic as low as you can get it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts