HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do I need snap caps? Will dry firing hurt my P2000SK? The problem with snap caps is that in order to practice the 8 lb trigger pull (it is a V2 LEM DAO), I need to cock the slide each time, which ejects a snap caps. Then I have to reload the clip after all 5 are ejected and it gets annoying. Also, the snap caps are getting worn from being fed so many times.

Thanks!

Kevin

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone?... this is an H&K forum...

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
You should use snap caps IMO. But you do not need to rack the slide. Just pull the trigger until you can grab the hammer and cock it back but remove your finger off the trigger while doing this or the hammer will not pre-load.. I pre-load the hammer that way all the time when dry-firing using snap caps.
You have to forgive us not answering you immediately. Some of us sleep and have lives outside this forum.

·
Registered
616 Posts
You have to forgive us not answering you immediately. Some of us sleep and have lives outside this forum.
how dare you....:89:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Life outside of the Forum?

Nah!:360:

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Crikey, what WUZZZZ I thinking? Must have been in a bad mood and slipped out of HK mode and into reality mode for a minute. ;) Need..............more.............caffeine!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts