HKPRO Forums banner

Will France & Germany (& UK?) Adopt a Unified Weapon? H&K Poised with HK416 to do so.

2808 Views 16 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  Andy88
Will France & Germany (& UK?) Adopt a Unified Weapon? H&K Poised with HK416 to do so.

Could Heckler and Koch secure contracts with three of the important nations in Western Europe?
It doesn’t seem that unlikely!

Will France and Germany Adopt a Unified Weapon? Heckler & Koch Poised to Take European Rifle Market - The Firearm Blog
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· I Bleed Urban Gray
4,694 Posts
I think for the Brits it's going to come down a lot to price difference between the two rifles.
Is there any chance that some of the FAMAS will make their way in semi auto fashion to the US? I would ask the same thing about the G36, but i don't see Angela's and Ursula's teams allowing such a thing. What do you guys think?

· I Bleed Urban Gray
4,694 Posts
I do not think that replacing the G36 is a good or even clever idea. Especially after they could not find a single soldier who actually ever had problems with that rifle. This must be the idea of someone who just needs to justify his job.

Further I think that a unified weapon for EU + UK would not really improve something. Even if it would just result in standardized training I would not think that this is a real advantage.
The advantage is a massive infusion of cash into HK's troubled coffers which translates into more fun civilian products for all of us.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.