HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm leaning towards the MP5K/SP89 (it is the same gun correct?) as my next build after my 53SD.

But are they able to accept an A3 stock? Or only the foldable ones?

I also see Cohaire has a CA89 & A CA89K

But which one is the actual PDW? the 89k correct? That is the smallest version of the MP5 right?

·
Registered
220 Posts
TronJohn,

Hopefully some answers:

MP5K= Full Auto
SP89= Semi Civilian Pistol
The CA89 is a full sized MP5 clone pistol.
The CA89K is the smaller pistol which is patterned after the SP89/MP5K.

The HK SP89 and the new CA89K both have rear receiver tabs which prevent the use of an A3 stock. These tabs can be removed and the A3 installed (unfortunately this would require a refinish/paint job) or a folder can be placed on both as received from the factory. The A3 would also require an adapter to fit since the A3 slides over the receiver but the K weapons use a male style rear plug. The stock install is of course after you have been approved for the SBR paperwork.

The older Bobcat Weapons BW-89K does not have rear receiver tabs and would only require the adapter, A3 Stock and SBR approval. No refinish or modifications to the original receiver.

All of these models of weapons are pretty hard to come by currently. CA will probably make another batch in the next 3-6 months but don't quote me as I have heard that the buisness is for sale. I do have a Bobcat Weapons BW-89K for sale currently. If you are interested take a look in the "for sale" section or PM/email me.

Hope this helps somewhat!
TC

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah that helped out a lot. I am planning on having it refinished anyways, as I hear and see that the Cohaire finish is pretty ugly. I want it as smooth and clean as a factory HK paint job that I can get.

I'm not quite in the market for one yet, but I appreciate you letting me know about yours. I looked for it, but couldn't find your post. Just for giggles, how much are you asking for yours?

·
Premium Member
1,047 Posts
Here is the link to the aforementioned adapter:

http://www.subcal.com/adapter.html

The real HK MP5K PDW has a folding stock made by Choate. I have one on my SBR HK SP89 PDW and it definitely makes the weapon easier to handle and shoot.

·
Registered
6,398 Posts
Yeah that helped out a lot. I am planning on having it refinished anyways, as I hear and see that the Cohaire finish is pretty ugly. I want it as smooth and clean as a factory HK paint job that I can get.

I'm not quite in the market for one yet, but I appreciate you letting me know about yours. I looked for it, but couldn't find your post. Just for giggles, how much are you asking for yours?
I've got a new CA89k and the finish is fine on it. It's a slightly different color and feel from that of my HK-91 but I didn't find that as a necessity. The coating/finish on the CA89k seems tougher than the paint/coating on the HK.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts