HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I was wondering if PMags will be comparable with a rifle that has a HK416 upper and a standard (RRA) lower? Regular GI mags work, but should one try PMAGs? I read that PMags don't function properly in 416's, but I didn't know if that meant in the complete rifles, or also in the Franken-416's many people have? Does the magwell issues that 416's have with Pmags go out the window when there is a different lower made by another company, or does it not matter?

It's good to ask before making any serious buy. Especially for mags that may not work.
Thanks

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
They will. When you use standard AR15 there are no magwell issues.

But they have own share of problems, that are not HK416 related. I personally prefer to use Lancer L5 AWM mags. And those are compatible both with HK lower and regular AR15 lower.

·
Premium Member
3,616 Posts
The Pmag issues are related to the dimensions of the magwell on the HK lower. No HK lower, no problems with Pmags (other than you would have with any normal AR).

·
Registered
3,466 Posts

·
Banned
879 Posts
Pmags for the win.

Lancers are like Macs. Fewer people use them so there are fewer reports of their issues.

Even when cracked and shot, Pmags will still work.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Pmags for the win.

Lancers are like Macs. Fewer people use them so there are fewer reports of their issues.

Even when cracked and shot, Pmags will still work.
I knew I had it coming. Lust like in "how not to be seen" ;)

But maybe the key is that Pmags need to be "cracked and shot" to work? Because those that did not were in perfect condition!

But seriously, there is no AR15 style mag (STANAG 4179) that does not have a problems. Such beast does not exist. Not because companies make them poor, but because of legacy of Armalite initial idea of one use, disposable magazine (that will replace stripper clip in role of ammo packaging from factory), that dates to origins of AR10 and how magazine well was designed in AR10 and then AR15 to implement this idea.

·
Premium Member
3,616 Posts
Not sure why the mention of Pmags is such a hot button issue here.

This thread wasn't about whether Pmags are the greatest mags on the planet. It was simply about whether Pmags will work with a HK upper and a standard AR lower, and that's been answered.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
We are HK kool-aid drinkers here, there are Colt folks like that etc etc. and there are drinkers of the PMAG/Magpul kool-aid

I think it just comes down to love for a excellent product and that passion comes through loud and clear!

I also like PMAG. I remember the Pre-Ban mag days when most of the stuff out there was trash, nowadays we are all so tacticool spoiled. It really is polar opposites.

I bet you that since Bush didn't push an extension of the AWB more jobs were created after the sunset than Obama's current administration, all in the Gun sector.

Sorry for the slightly off topic

·
Banned
4,248 Posts
Not sure why the mention of Pmags is such a hot button issue here.

This thread wasn't about whether Pmags are the greatest mags on the planet. It was simply about whether Pmags will work with a HK upper and a standard AR lower, and that's been answered.
People can't help themselves...as you can see. Anytime anything mag related comes up with the MR or 416...people get stupid; hence my earlier post. Be it mag choices or the chicken/egg, HK magwell/PMag who came first debate turns everything to sh!t. Part of the problem is that few people actually read the OP, but would rather just dog pile on with their opinion. Monty hit the nail on the head...they all have problems. I just like busting his chops every time he mentions his Lancers, but that is neither here nor there. The original question was answered, so there should be little more to add; but as I said, people just can't help themselves.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Well this is a forum after all is it not?

fo·rum/ˈfôrəm/
Noun:
A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

Sorry, I like open discussion as long as it doesn't stray too far off the mark and I don't think that anyone offered any stupid opinions. To each his own.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Monty hit the nail on the head...they all have problems. I just like busting his chops every time he mentions his Lancers, but that is neither here nor there. The original question was answered, so there should be little more to add; but as I said, people just can't help themselves.
I have a soft spot every time someone mention PMags - "best thing since sliced bread" ;) I just can't help myself :D

Lancers... they are just OK. Work in HK, work in other ARs, and I can have them easy (do not mistake with cheap), because Lancer made effort to make them available to me (as civilian) in Poland (unlike Magpul). Actually I have lot of Magpul stuff, I bought in last 6 years, including original "mag-puls", magazine followers, PMags, Emags, stocks, risers, grips, front grips of every flavor, sights, slings, mounts, panels and what not. And I like most of them. But sometime you just got allergy for something. Grass, cat hairs, strawberries or PMags ;)

·
Banned
879 Posts

·
Banned
879 Posts
I had to go back and add that last part to give it some honesty. None is still an amount, right?
At least you're a "the glass is half full" kind of guy.......

1 - 18 of 18 Posts